It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why does RRC need so long to export a view to a CSV file?

Guido Schneider (3.4k1491115) | asked Feb 04 '13, 11:52 a.m.
edited Feb 04 '13, 12:09 p.m.

I have a View configured in RRC which queries through my artifacts. The query is using some build-in fields and some custom fields.

If I run the view, it needs some time (about 50-80 seconds), then the result is displayed. I know this is longer than RRC should use, but support told us, this maybe because of our custom fields, so I accept this for the moment.

The view is now showing me 252 items.

The problem occures, if I try to EXPORT the result (run the view again for export to CSV). The Export needs about 20 (!) minutes.
First step: It required about 6 minutes until the SAVE to CSV Question popup appeared.
Second step: it required abouit 14 minutes to save the CSV file. There I recognized an absolutly strange effect. The save bar whas not showing any progress for about 5 minutes. Then I got a save bar, which showd me a download rate of aroun 70Bytes/seconds (BYTES!!).
See:
RRC Export download speed

Dows anybody has better experiance?

Does anybody has an idea whats going wrong?

BTW:
I did the whole stuff locally logged in on the server. No network, nothing. The server is a bare metal Windows2008-R2/64bit machine with 32cores and 128GB Ram. Powerfull enough for a simple export.

We have a 4 WAS profile configuration with JTS/CCM/QM/RM in seperate profiles. Each with 8GB JVM.
WAS is V.8.0.0.5/64bit

DB2 is 9.7.7/64bit

Comments
Guido Schneider commented Feb 06 '13, 5:57 a.m.

seems to be same problme than in my other question, so we discuss this there

https://jazz.net/forum/questions/101556/why-do-i-only-get-200-records-out-of-252-when-i-export-a-rrc-view-to-csv

One answer

permanent link
Lynne Kues (561) | answered Feb 24 '13, 11:49 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello Guido,

It would be helpful if you filed a defect against Web Client/Filter and Search and indicate the RRC version you are using and the details from this post and the post you mention above, as it seems that there are some issues when using filtering by link type for CSV export.

Thanks.

Lynne

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.