It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Report customization within RRC

kameswari visarapu (121212) | asked Feb 19 '13, 6:41 a.m.
retagged Feb 21 '13, 11:16 a.m. by Michelle De Armas (2612)
How can i customize existing templates ie., Usecase specification, Requirement Specification templates within RRC without going to RRDG, RPE etc.

2 answers

permanent link
Luc Rotsaert (6113) | answered Feb 19 '13, 1:20 p.m.

The RRDG document-style templates in RRC are RPE based.  So, whenever you want to change any of these, you would need RPE.  RRDG doesn't have a document studio built in the CLM solution like RRDI has.

permanent link
Edgar Ignacio Velazquez Mar (7225) | answered Feb 25 '13, 10:14 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 How ever you can customize some of the style for Word output and Sophisticated PDF output by editing the respective Word template for the report.
Word templates are usually stored in ...JazzTeamServer\server\conf\rm\reporting\initialization\templates\word
For 4.0 version you can also customize HTML output by editing the CSS file usually stored in ...JazzTeamServer\server\conf\rm\reporting\initialization\templates\css

For further customization of the content and how it is displayed, etc you will need RPE Document Studio

Comments
Natsumi Yokoyama commented Sep 04 '13, 10:43 p.m.

Hi, I have a question for your answer. Please give me your advice?

Is it possible to change Header and Footer of word files stored in ...JazzTeamServer\server\conf\rm\reporting\initialization\templates\word?

I have tryed this with RRC 4.0.3, but what i changed did not reflect in word files generated by RRC.

1. changed header and footer in ...JazzTeamServer\server\conf\rm\reporting\initialization\templates\word\printModuleBook.doc.

2. restarted CLM server (tomcat)

3. print a module via RRC

4. what i changed did not reflect in word files generated by RRC

Thank you in advance

Natsumi

Kiran Nagara commented Sep 26 '13, 5:28 a.m.

Any inputs on Natsumi's request, I'm trying to do the same... But not able to change the header & Footer

Edgar Ignacio Velazquez Mar commented Sep 26 '13, 9:54 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

After performing any changes to the report templates (Word or RPE templates) it's not necessary to restart the server, the only step needed is to re-initialize the publish service.

You can do this from the admin console https://server:port/rm/rmadmin
Select the Publish Service option and then click on the initialize button

This action uploads the new/modified templates to the server, after that you will see your changes

Kiran Nagara commented Sep 29 '13, 3:57 p.m.

Hi Edgar, I'm trying to change the header and footer information from D:\IBM\JazzTeamServer_403\server\conf\rm\reporting\initialization\templates\word for printModuleBook and then from the Publishing Service I'm initializing the service, But the header and footer info is not getting updated after printing the module in word format... Is this expected? can we change the header and footer from module template of word

Natsumi Yokoyama commented Feb 09 '14, 9:21 p.m.

Hi, Kiran

My understanding is that in order to resolve this we have to edit *.dta via RPE. I asked to Rational Client Support([PMR 69693,999,760). Their answer is it is necessary to use RPE. My environment was 4.0.3.

Natsumi

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.