It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can we migrate non-LDAP to LDAP?

Jirong Hu (1.5k9295258) | asked Aug 05 '11, 4:25 p.m.
Hi

I have to start a project soon but LDAP is not ready. Can I start without LDAP (creating all groups and users in RTC), and migrate that to LDAP later? What's the consequence, e.g. UUID etc.?

Thanks
Jirong

3 answers

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Aug 06 '11, 5:31 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
The main requirement is that you assign a user the same user-id string
as they have in the LDAP repository.

Cheers,
Geoff

On 8/5/2011 4:53 PM, hujirong wrote:
Hi

I have to start a project soon but LDAP is not ready. Can I start
without LDAP (creating all groups and users in RTC), and migrate that
to LDAP later? What's the consequence, e.g. UUID etc.?

Thanks
Jirong

permanent link
Jirong Hu (1.5k9295258) | answered Aug 06 '11, 9:50 p.m.
The main requirement is that you assign a user the same user-id string as they have in the LDAP repository.

1. So if I create a set of groups and ids in RTC (w/o LDAP) now, e.g. JazzAdmins, JazzUsers, etc, and e.g. my login id "huji". I've already requested to create JazzAdmins, JazzProjectAdmins, JazzUsers, JazzGuests and JazzDWAdmins group in LDAP and add users into them.

2. Then when I get these new LDAP groups, I can import them into WAS to configure the security. But can I import these LDAP groups and users into RTC, since they are already there with same names?

Thanks a lot!

Jirong

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Aug 08 '11, 4:13 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

please see this thread and especially the documentation hints: https://jazz.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=18754&sid=2e89bed0c2a22e160c86756a69f1450d

RTC uses the user ID to communicate with the external directory. If a user with an ID already exists in RTC the user will not be recreated, instead RTC uses the ID to work with LDAP. Please be aware that RTC is case sensitive, unless this is explicitely switched off. Keep that in mind and use the ID's exactly as defined in LDAP when creating the users before switching to LDAP.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.