It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Do work item notifications go to subscribers IN repository, but NOT in external directory?

Kevin Ramer (4.5k8183200) | asked Dec 21 '12, 9:11 a.m.
Hi,
Simple question.  Somehow users have wedged a Notes public distribution as an ID in RTC repository.  Users now question why notices aren't being sent to this subscriber.    When viewing this ID in the RTC User Admin:

Problem fetching user roles: An error response was received from the Jazz Team Server. Status=400. Message: CRJAZ1231I The user "iss-escalate-xf-8f-iss@wwpdl" could not be found in the external user directory.

ID is member of no jazz roles, has no license nor Memberships.

I don't find any traces of this address in the mail server logs.

Comments
Kevin Ramer commented Jan 21 '13, 4:45 p.m.

Anyone know about this ?  

Ralph Schoon commented Jan 21 '13, 4:56 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Is that user available in LDAP? If not, that probably is the error you see. 

Kevin Ramer commented Jan 21 '13, 5:00 p.m.

The question was not in reference to the LDAP error; I expected to see it.  The question is:  Do IDs known to the jts get subscription notices whether or not
they represent a known LDAP entity.

Kevin Ramer commented Jan 24 '13, 4:17 p.m.

Sorry, it looks like I was yelling above.   I wasn't intending to have the whole comment emphasized....

Ralph Schoon commented Jan 24 '13, 4:31 p.m. | edited Jan 24 '13, 4:32 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Kevin, I was not offended. I think there was a Bug in the editor, 'cause I had to try really hard to not get stuff boldface. I just don't have an idea what the problem could be. Consider to open a PMR with support. 

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.