It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Automatic Time Stamp

Anika Wall (142) | asked Nov 13 '09, 7:48 a.m.
Is there a way to get RTC to stamp a date field with the current date when a user changes the state of a work item? I know this is in history, but I need to capture the date the work item changes from Draft --> Open or from On Hold --> Open and be able to run queries against these fields. Is that possible?

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Nov 17 '09, 7:34 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Anika,

I am not sure RTC can do that currently.

However RTC is extensible in several ways. I could imagine this would be possible e.g. extending the process or write some other extension that listens to such events. I can see an work item change state event is already exposed in the team configuration events.

This group is all about writing extensions: http://jazz.net/forums/viewforum.php?f=2

You could also write an enhancement request.

Ralph

Is there a way to get RTC to stamp a date field with the current date when a user changes the state of a work item? I know this is in history, but I need to capture the date the work item changes from Draft --> Open or from On Hold --> Open and be able to run queries against these fields. Is that possible?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.