It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Logging Out from RRC 3.0.1 on web does not work for IE8.

Shweta Kulkarni (21155) | asked Aug 05 '11, 3:11 a.m.
I tried to Log Out from RRC web UI and it seems to be not working properly for IE8. I could still access the project area on the same session. However when I closed the browser all the way and reopened it, it was logged out. But in Mozilla Firefox logging out works perfectly that is as soon as I click on Log out, Immediately new window opens up showing the login window. Are there any suggestions on this? Is there someone who is also facing this problem?

3 answers

permanent link
Saurabh Malhotra (15231617) | answered Aug 10 '11, 11:48 a.m.
I tried to Log Out from RRC web UI and it seems to be not working properly for IE8. I could still access the project area on the same session. However when I closed the browser all the way and reopened it, it was logged out. But in Mozilla Firefox logging out works perfectly that is as soon as I click on Log out, Immediately new window opens up showing the login window. Are there any suggestions on this? Is there someone who is also facing this problem?

I saw the same behavior on one of my end users machines but wasn't sure what was causing it. Now that you mention it, she was also using IE8. This may be a defect.

permanent link
Saurabh Malhotra (15231617) | answered Aug 10 '11, 11:51 a.m.

I saw the same behavior on one of my end users machines but wasn't sure what was causing it. Now that you mention it, she was also using IE8. This may be a defect.

Looks like it is a known issue and there is a planned fix for one of the upcoming releases:
https://jazz.net/jazz03/web/projects/Rational%20Requirements%20Composer#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=43624

permanent link
Markus Holzinger (51175) | answered Aug 15 '11, 11:29 a.m.
Hi,

it also exists a technote for this error:
Logging out from the web UI does not work in Internet Explorer 8
https://www-304.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?q1=3.0.1&rs=0&uid=swg21502314&context=SSWMEQ&cs=utf-8&lang=&loc=en_US

Regards, Markus

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.