It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RRC V4: No where to location a requirement collection

Frank Ning (50025119133) | asked Apr 23 '13, 11:00 a.m.

Hello,

I don't know how the user exactly created the requirement collection.

1) I can find it via "Browse Collection" and open it. If I hover the collection, it shows its location with two folders without name as shown below.

2) I checked all the folders and the top project folder, nowhere I can see the collection.

Is this a kind of "run-away" collection artifact?

BTW, I also asked the user to check all folders and she did not find it either except from the "Browse Collection". We can also find it via Search.

2 answers

permanent link
Suresh Raman (9152433) | answered Apr 23 '13, 2:00 p.m.
It is not a "run-away" artifact. I checked my project and it clearly shows the folders. And I can see them when I go into the folder.

I am guessing something else is happening. Did you check the logs to see any errors? Did you try to create a new collection and try to re-produce the issue?

Comments
Frank Ning commented Apr 23 '13, 2:37 p.m.

Hi Suresh,

What you did is for normal cases. I also find normal collections in specified folder. My question is for a specific collection which has the special non-identified location (see picture in my original post) and I can not find it in any folder.

You see your collections in folders, which I believe since I also see mine in my folders on my CLM servers.

No errors in logs. Creating new collections are still OK and I can not reproduce the problem.

The goal for my question was to find that specific collection in a folder, which I cannot. I like to get RRC developers and/or experts to see if they had similar issue and how they solved it instead of re-creating the collection.

permanent link
Mike Jaworski (1.4k6) | answered Apr 23 '13, 3:41 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Hi Frank,

That's interesting that you are able to get the hover to populate, but the parent folder and project are blank ... Does the rest of the hover populate correctly? For a collection resource, I think you should be able to see attribute information as well as a list of the first few artifact contained within the collection. If none of this information is present in the hover, it's possible that your index may be out of sync and a re-index could help this situation (as long as your server can afford the downtime). 

It's also possible that this collection used to exist within a folder, and the folder was deleted at some point in time but the collection could not be deleted properly, so it has effectively been "orphaned" by its parent folder. If this is the case, there is a utility available through IBM Support called "FolderIntegrityCheck" which can re-parent orphaned artifacts into a "Lost And Found" folder.

Hope this helps,
Mike Jaworski

Comments
Stef van Dijk commented Apr 24 '13, 12:33 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

A quick check for this would be to do a DESCRIBE on the collection resource and see what comes back for the nav:parent and resourceContext.

Frank Ning commented Apr 24 '13, 9:22 p.m.

Hi Michael,

The rest parts look OK.  I will try those things you mentioned. Thanks for those tips and hopefully they can work in this situation.

Hi Stef,

Can you please provide more details about the describe statement? Which schema and table to describe?

Mike Jaworski commented Apr 25 '13, 8:58 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Frank,

I think the DESCRIBE Stef is talking about is through this URL in the browser:

https://[server]/rm/query?describe=[URI of resource in question]&accept=*&private=true

In particular, you want to look at the properties "nav:parent" (which points to the parent folder) and "jazz:resourceContext" (which points to the project area for this resource). The namespaces "nav" and "jazz" may display differently than this in the results you receive, but essentially you are still looking for the "parent" and "resourceContext" properties.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.