It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Team Advisor Screen pops up uninvited

Steve Waters (611) | asked Jul 25 '11, 11:28 a.m.
When I'm using RTC (2.0.0.2 client) to update tasks or run queries, the TA screen seems to frequently pop up a blank window which just gets in the way and I have to close it. Sometimes this happens for every single operation I perform, which gets annoying after the first 10 times! I have been advised as a fix to do Reset Perspective by our local RTC admin, but TA just keeps coming back...

THanks

SW

3 answers

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Jul 25 '11, 2:42 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
The Team Advisor window is used to display "process warnings/error",
i.e. things that you have done that violate the process defined for your
project and/or team area. If this is popping up empty, it is a bug.

Cheers,
Geoff

On 7/25/2011 11:38 AM, waterss100 wrote:
When I'm using RTC (2.0.0.2 client) to update tasks or run queries,
the TA screen seems to frequently pop up a blank window which just
gets in the way and I have to close it. Sometimes this happens for
every single operation I perform, which gets annoying after the first
10 times! I have been advised as a fix to do Reset Perspective by our
local RTC admin, but TA just keeps coming back...

THanks

SW

permanent link
Martha (Ruby) Andrews (3.0k44351) | answered Jul 26 '11, 2:13 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello,

It may be that your workbench is configured to show the advisor even when there are no errors or warnings, and that the advisor itself is configured not to show sucess messages. Thus, the empty view.

To show the advisor only when there is a warning or error, do the following:
Select Window > Preferences from the main menu
Select "Team Process" in the Preferences dialog
Uncheck the "Automatically open the Team Advisor whenever process is invoked" checkbox.

Martha
Jazz Developer

When I'm using RTC (2.0.0.2 client) to update tasks or run queries, the TA screen seems to frequently pop up a blank window which just gets in the way and I have to close it. Sometimes this happens for every single operation I perform, which gets annoying after the first 10 times! I have been advised as a fix to do Reset Perspective by our local RTC admin, but TA just keeps coming back...

THanks

SW

permanent link
Steve Waters (611) | answered Jul 27 '11, 4:58 a.m.
Yes that's sorted it - Thanks!

SW

Hello,

It may be that your workbench is configured to show the advisor even when there are no errors or warnings, and that the advisor itself is configured not to show sucess messages. Thus, the empty view.

To show the advisor only when there is a warning or error, do the following:
Select Window > Preferences from the main menu
Select "Team Process" in the Preferences dialog
Uncheck the "Automatically open the Team Advisor whenever process is invoked" checkbox.

Martha
Jazz Developer

THanks

SW

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.