It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Does having a change set create a "baseline"?

Canberk Akduygu (99237371) | asked Jul 05 '11, 10:22 a.m.
Hi,

I have a question about the change sets reverting. During the coding every developer creates so many change sets. And there are some cases where we want o revert the changes but while reverting that changes we also like to revert the whole changes made on that specific component till that moment.

On the history view if I right click the file of any change set and press "Load" I revert the file. But I like to revert the whole project to the moment of the creation date of the change set.

I guess we can only revert the whole component if we have baseline continously on that component? Am I right? Or am I missing something?

I hope I was clear enough to describe my problem.

One answer

permanent link
Tim Mok (6.6k38) | answered Jul 05 '11, 2:01 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
When you show the component history from the context of your workspace, you can discard change sets. This will change your workspace so that those changes aren't in there anymore and they will show as incoming.

Read here for more details on how to do this: https://jazz.net/library/article/126#How_do_I_remove_a_change_set_fro

Baselines are good to have and can help you revert to an earlier state. Although, it is not expected that you constantly create baselines so that you can deal with this specific situation. Discarding change sets is a finer granularity of tweaking your configuration that would be better for you.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.