It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Does the Out-Of-The-Box Scrum process templates support multiple languages?

Maria Victoria Martinez Torino (14924459) | asked Aug 18 '15, 5:09 p.m.
Hi,
I am learning about process template externalization for customized templates.
To do so, I wanted to use the OOTB Scrum process as starting point and that way re-using the externalization already provided with that template.
The problem is that the OOTB Scrum template available in our RTC 5.0.2 server is only translate into English language while I've seen in other servers running on the same RTC version the OOTB Scrum template that comes with the message files for multiple languages.
So my question is > Is there a way to obtain that built-in template supporting multiple languages into my server? Does Rational have to provide that template to us? How is the procedure to follow?
Thanks in advance.
Victoria.

2 answers

permanent link
Alexandre Stegani (8664) | answered Aug 18 '15, 6:00 p.m.
Hi Maria,

First you will have to make sure the language package is installed within your CLM instance. This is done via Installation Manager.

You can modify your existent CLM installation and just add a new language. For example:

Launch IBM Installation Manager > Modify > Select IBM CLM package name > Click next until you reach the "Translations" page.

Comments
Maria Victoria Martinez Torino commented Aug 18 '15, 7:03 p.m.

Hello Alexandre,
We are in the process of making the RTC server globalization supported.
What would the next step be after that?
Thanks.
Victoria.

Alexandre Stegani commented Aug 27 '15, 6:19 p.m.

Hi Maria,

Just to clarify, is your goal that the SAME project area to support multiple languages?

permanent link
Martha (Ruby) Andrews (3.0k44251) | answered Aug 28 '15, 4:23 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Once you have the language support enabled, as described by Alexandre, you will need to re-deploy templates.

If you customized a predefined process template (such as Scrum), be aware that if you redeploy the predefined template (in the Process Templates view), you will overwrite your customizations. Before you redeploy the predefined template, you should first change the name and ID of the predefined template that you customized, so it will not be overwritten.

Ruby

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.