It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Using RRC with IE8

Dave Watts (1121) | asked Jul 21 '11, 5:34 a.m.
We are having problems using RRC via the Internet Explorer 8 web browser. Is anyone aware of security settings in IE8 that may prevent RRC being used?

11 answers

permanent link
Robin Bater (3.4k47) | answered Jul 21 '11, 7:23 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
We are having problems using RRC via the Internet Explorer 8 web browser. Is anyone aware of security settings in IE8 that may prevent RRC being used?

I don't know if this is your issue, but I am assuming you are using RRC V3.0.1 here is some information for a problem with using the RRC browser add-on and IE 8:

4.4 Fix for "Internet explorer has closed this webpage to help protect your computer" "

https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RRCBrowserAddOns

permanent link
Robin Bater (3.4k47) | answered Jul 21 '11, 7:26 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

I don't know if this is your issue, but I am assuming you are using RRC V3.0.1 here is some information for a problem with using the RRC browser add-on and IE 8:

4.4 Fix for "Internet explorer has closed this webpage to help protect your computer" "

https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RRCBrowserAddOns

Also there the security suggestions on this wiki:

1.1.1 Internet Explorer 7/8

Internet Security Levels:

The default levels of Medium and Medium-High for the Internet Zone are acceptable as they come.
If using the default level of High, you will need to enable the following settings by clicking the 'Custom Level' button:
Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins - must be set to something other than 'Disabled' (Either enabled or prompt)
Active Scripting must be enabled (Controls JavaScript)
Script ActiveX Controls marked safe for scripting
Run ActiveX controls and plugins
The same acceptable security levels and exceptions apply to the Local intranet Zone as well.
Note: If you choose to add your RRC server as a trusted site in Internet Explorer, you may set Internet security levels in any way you choose as all sites listed in the Trusted category use their own settings.

permanent link
Dave Watts (1121) | answered Jul 21 '11, 9:33 a.m.
The version of RRC we are using is:
Version: 2.0.0.3
Build id: N20101017_1931

permanent link
Muhtar Akbulut (9111) | answered Jul 25 '11, 9:37 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

Can you please provide more details on the problems? Does the web ui not load at all? Do you get frequent warnings, and if yes, what are those?

Thanks
Burak

permanent link
Dave Watts (1121) | answered Jul 26 '11, 4:25 a.m.
Hi,

Can you please provide more details on the problems? Does the web ui not load at all? Do you get frequent warnings, and if yes, what are those?

Thanks
Burak

The web UI does not open at all. It displays "LOADING......." in the middle of the page and gets stuck at this point

permanent link
Daniel Moul (4.9k1318) | answered Jul 26 '11, 7:27 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
The version of RRC we are using is:
Version: 2.0.0.3
Build id: N20101017_1931

Has your RRC instance worked OK with any other browser (FF 3/3.5/3.6) or IE 7?

Are you running the RRC server on Windows 7, and if so, was the server started with admin privileges?

permanent link
Muhtar Akbulut (9111) | answered Jul 26 '11, 9:32 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

Thanks
Burak

The web UI does not open at all. It displays "LOADING......." in the middle of the page and gets stuck at this point

One more question, in addition to Dan's: Can you please try without pop-up blockers disabled?

permanent link
Vivienne Suen (26) | answered Aug 04 '11, 2:48 p.m.
I have a customer who is experiencing this same problem. I'm able to access the server fine from my laptop with FF, but all users at the customer site are seeing this same problem over IE 8. I've asked them to check on the security settings and pop-up blocker but if anyone has any other suggestions that would be great....

Vivienne.

Hi,

Thanks
Burak

One more question, in addition to Dan's: Can you please try without pop-up blockers disabled?

permanent link
Muhtar Akbulut (9111) | answered Aug 10 '11, 4:24 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Vivienne, do you still have the same issue (after confirming pop-up blocker)?

permanent link
Vivienne Suen (26) | answered Aug 11 '11, 11:18 a.m.
Hi Muhtar,

Yes, I confirmed that the pop-up blocker is off and they are still having this problem. Suspect it's something in the browser settings, I ended up raising a PMR for this. Let me know if you want the PMR number.

Vivienne.

Vivienne, do you still have the same issue (after confirming pop-up blocker)?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.