It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RRC import to module from Word chnages the default artifact format to Text

Shmuel Bashan (4166) | asked Jun 20 '13, 12:45 p.m.
Using RRC 402 I import a word to create a module. I use delimiters to define types (use-case, BPM, etc).
These artifact are created during the import BUT their format is TEXT, ( for example use-case format should be "use-case diagram")
This makes the artifact useless.
Any idea how to resolve this problem ?

2 answers

permanent link
Stef van Dijk (2.0k179) | answered Jun 20 '13, 3:36 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Shmuel,

I'm not sure what you mean by using delimiters to define types. I know of no feature that supports somehow understanding such delimiters from within a Word document.
As to your specific example, I don't know how it would even be possible for Word document content to be interpreted as a UseCase Diagram. That format is very specific and defines a graphical artifact using specific xml content that must be edited using the graphical editors.

permanent link
Lewis Goolsby (1112) | answered Jan 15 '14, 12:10 p.m.
Stef van Dijk,

There is definitely a feature of import of a Word document to use delimiters in parsing to different artifact types. 

Please do a little research and provide a more relevant answer.

Thanks.

Comments
Stef van Dijk commented Jan 15 '14, 1:16 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Lewis,

I understand the ability that is there. My point is that UseCase Diagram is a very specific graphical artifact format and it makes no sense (to me) as to how Word document content can be imported in such a way as to result in anything other than text, and more specifically, to produce the format associated with a UseCase Diagram.
So while it's fine to create an artifact of "type" usecase, it makes no sense to create it of "format" UseCase Diagram. That would imply a very specific artifact format that will be expected by the UseCase Diagram editor which will be used to view/edit such artifacts.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.