It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RRC "elaborated by" link type change from 3.x to 4.x

Anthony Kesterton (7.5k9180136) | asked May 06 '13, 5:08 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi all

I was pretty sure we had an Elaborated By link type in 3.0 - this has disappeared in 4.x.  Was this because Design Manager uses this link type now??

thanks

anthony

Comments
Benjamin Silverman commented May 06 '13, 6:07 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I still see this link type on all my 4.x projects.  Are you not seeing it for any projects on your 4.x server?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Rosa Naranjo (2.9k11723) | answered Apr 29 '14, 8:55 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I found the answer to my own question. The reason one does not always see this link relationship is that it is to be used only for RM to external RM links, for example, RRC/DNG to DOORS.  The link Michelle posted does not help to make this clear.  This other topic, http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0m6/topic/com.ibm.rational.rrm.help.doc/topics/r_rm_link_domains.html helps a little better because it does explain the 'external' RM domain concept.

To further expand on Anthony's question, Design Manager and RM use the Derived By/Derives link relationship which is also shown in the table included in the link I provide above.
Anthony Kesterton selected this answer as the correct answer

2 other answers

permanent link
Michelle De Armas (2612) | answered May 07 '13, 10:44 a.m.
Hello - The following topic contains a table and descriptions of most of the requirement management 4.0.2. application traceability link types (which includes 'Elaborated by'):  http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0m2/topic/com.ibm.rational.rrm.help.doc/topics/r_linktypes.html

permanent link
Rosa Naranjo (2.9k11723) | answered Apr 28 '14, 12:14 p.m.
I am in v4.0.6 and I also do not see how to create an ElaboratedBy/Elaborates link relationship. This is even with the link type being displayed in the Project properties of the RM project.

Any ideas?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.