It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

WAS or Tomcat?

Jirong Hu (1.5k9290258) | asked Jul 13 '11, 1:39 p.m.
Hi Guys

I assume WAS is not included in RTC 3.0.1, and has to be purchased separately?

I found another post says Tomcat is fully supported for use in a production environment. But to my knowledge, no, you cannot configure Tomcat for High Availability.

So are we good with Tomcat for initial 200+ users? What's the justification to upgrade from Tomcat to WAS?

Thanks
Jirong

One answer

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k7180136) | answered Jul 13 '11, 6:19 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Guys

I assume WAS is not included in RTC 3.0.1, and has to be purchased separately?

I found another post says Tomcat is fully supported for use in a production environment. But to my knowledge, no, you cannot configure Tomcat for High Availability.

So are we good with Tomcat for initial 200+ users? What's the justification to upgrade from Tomcat to WAS?

Thanks
Jirong

Hi

WAS *is* included with RTC (it is an additional download) - you don't have to purchase this separately. This is WAS (not WAS ND) and is specifically for use with RTC.

You will be fine with Tomcat with 200+ users, I am working with a large-scale user who is currently using Tomcat.

Moving to WAS does have advantages but most people seem to use what is supported in their wider environment (eg: if you have a big WAS server farm - makes sense to use that as it is probably all supported, configured and admin'ed already).

anthony

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.