It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM ExcelWordImporter - import test case with attachments

Larry Bakun (2143) | asked Jul 12 '11, 12:22 p.m.
retagged Oct 17 '12, 2:40 a.m. by Eric Zhao (1167)
I'm exporting test cases from our old system to excel files. If the test case has an attachment, I'm embedding it to the same excel file, similar to the examples that provided with the tool, but the test case is importing without attachment. Not sure if this is the way I'm embedding attachments, or not exact coordinates in the cfg file.

We have 2 issues:
- cannot import test cases with attachments;
- import multiple attachments to the same test case.

3 answers

permanent link
Hao Wan (1.5k35) | answered Oct 18 '12, 4:40 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Larry and Cristian,
this scenario is not supported now,
you can open a enhancement and write down the detail requirement to request this feature.

permanent link
Cristian Tatar (6) | answered Aug 18 '11, 10:21 a.m.
I'm exporting test cases from our old system to excel files. If the test case has an attachment, I'm embedding it to the same excel file, similar to the examples that provided with the tool, but the test case is importing without attachment. Not sure if this is the way I'm embedding attachments, or not exact coordinates in the cfg file.

We have 2 issues:

I'm having the same problem with RQM 2.0.1 Fix 1. Can't import multiple attachments. I have to import some .xmls in alot of test cases and it's taking me hours... :shock:
If you found/find a solution, please post it back. I will too.

Thanks!

permanent link
Larry Bakun (2143) | answered Aug 18 '11, 11:13 a.m.

We have 2 issues:

I'm having the same problem with RQM 2.0.1 Fix 1. Can't import multiple attachments. I have to import some .xmls in alot of test cases and it's taking me hours... :shock:
If you found/find a solution, please post it back. I will too.

Thanks!

The ExcelWordImporter supports import only imbedded images which is pretty much useless. 99.9999% of all our attachments are text files - applications log files, pieces of code. There is another option, I didn't have a time to try it out - URLUtility. Will require some additional work for setup to tie attachment with test case ID.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.