It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM: How to attach a file to the test case result of manual scripts?

Donat Hutter (2153239) | asked Apr 13 '16, 9:19 a.m.
Why is this not possible in manual scripts to attach a file to the result (instead of a test step)?

a) With automation scripts (command line adapter) it is possible to attach files to the test result. Why not in manual tests?
b) With the UrlUtility I'm able to upload an attachment and add it to the test case result (see also Upload Attachment to a test artifact with RQM Url Utility (REST API). But there is no way to display it on the UI - a bug?

Accepted answer

permanent link
anup Gaur (1392244) | answered Apr 13 '16, 9:49 a.m.
edited Apr 13 '16, 9:54 a.m.

Hi Donat,

look at the screenshot below, is this what you are looking for.

After the execution in the test case results I have gone to the result details and I can attach files.

Can you see the attachment icon above the Step column?

Donat Hutter selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Donat Hutter commented Apr 13 '16, 10:14 a.m.

Thanks for the quick response ... which version are you using?

I'm working with RQM 6.0.1 ... and there I miss the Attachment Icon before the steps!?

anup Gaur commented Apr 13 '16, 12:55 p.m. | edited Apr 13 '16, 12:56 p.m.

Yes Donat,

Sorry I didn't notice that. I was using version 4.0.6. I did test it with version 6.0.1 and this option is not available. Although you could still attach files to individual steps.

I have a workaround. You can use the NOTES section in the Result details to add an attachment.

Hope this helps.

Donat Hutter commented Apr 14 '16, 2:56 a.m.

I will probably log an enhancement request to bring back this functionality.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.