It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to delete attachment and buildrecord in RQM using REST API?

Mikhail Pomeranets (1325) | asked Jan 08 '16, 2:44 p.m.
edited Jan 08 '16, 2:45 p.m.
 I am trying to use RQM's REST API in my application to delete attachments and buildrecords. The RQM documentation (https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RqmApi) shows that DELETE is not a supported operation for either attachment or buildrecord resource. Naturally, when I try to send DELETE query like this:

<server>/qm/service/com.ibm.rqm.integration.service.IIntegrationService/resources/<project>attachment/urn:com.ibm.rqm:attachment:399

I am getting 501 (Not Implemented) from the server. The same is true for buildrecord.

DELETE requests of the same type do work for executionresult and testsuitelog, and the doc does say that DELETE is supported for both.

So, does anybody know if there is a way to delete attachments and buildrecords via REST API?

One answer

permanent link
Reshma Ratnani (1.1k1) | answered Jan 11 '16, 12:43 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
No Mikhail ,as mentioned in the documentation DELETE for attachment and buildrecord is currently not supported using REST API.

BTW from UI you can deleted Build Record

Comments
Mikhail Pomeranets commented Jan 11 '16, 8:45 a.m.

Reshma, as I indicated in my question, I knew it was not supported by DELETE. I was just hoping that somebody would point me to another way of doing it. It is hard to believe that a major system like RQM would not provide any way to delete an attachment - not even from the web client.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.