It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Easiest way to summarize work items by tags (2.0.0.2-report)

Morten Mikkelsen (136156) | asked Jun 29 '11, 5:14 p.m.
Hi.
I would like an easy way to get an overview of the items in our current iteration to be able to determine the distribution of work over the tags, we are using.
We use three tags, so right now, I have three different queries that show me the work item details for each type of tag. To get an overview, I export the items as CSV and use a spreadsheet to 1) make a column contain the corrected estimate if it exists, otherwise the original estimate, 2) convert the estimate to a numeric hour-count, and 3) sum up the estimates.

The spreadsheet-formula copy/pasting is getting on my nerves, so I was thinking along the lines of a BIRT-report, but I have not had much succes, and find the documentation hard to find and somewhat hard to understand.

First off, is a report the way to go, or is there a smarter solution?

Thanks,
/Morten

2 answers

permanent link
Rafik Jaouani (5.0k16) | answered Jul 05 '11, 9:53 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I think a BIRT report design that uses scripting (javascript) can do this.

permanent link
Morten Mikkelsen (136156) | answered Jul 11 '11, 3:43 a.m.
Great.
Could you point me to somewhere that shows me how?
I only have the smarts to manually create a data source for each tag, so a scripting solution sounds nice.

Thanks,
/Morten

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.