It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to integrate RTC 5.0 with RQM 5.0

Collins Akin (6610) | asked Dec 09 '14, 11:14 a.m.
 Hi Forum,
  I need help in how to integrate RTC 5.0 with RQM 5.0  and also the defect integration

Thanks All 

Comments
Collins Akin commented Jan 06 '15, 10:56 a.m. | edited Feb 07 '15, 12:37 p.m.

When you say look at the editor presentations in the project configuration are you referring to RTC or RQM

Kevin Ramer commented Jan 06 '15, 11:49 a.m.

If the activity is taking place in QM, it will be RTC and vice-versa.  That is, if user is in QM project and goes to the work items menu, the missing presentation will be for the RTC project.

One answer

permanent link
Kevin Ramer (4.5k8183200) | answered Dec 09 '14, 1:48 p.m.
There are "Integration" sections under the Help for each of those applications.   You should be able to get to Help from the Web UI of either of your applications [ assuming you're in the hands of a capable Jazz Admin ]

Comments
Collins Akin commented Dec 09 '14, 2:00 p.m.
Hi Kevin,

Please could you be more details and be specific because I am just two weeks into using RQM and RTC. And this is my first time of using RQM and RTC so, i literally don't know how to navigate around it. 

Kevin Ramer commented Dec 09 '14, 2:06 p.m.

Assuming you have installed jts, ccm, qm and clmhelp all under one application server ( be it Tomcat or WebSphere ), a login to the Web UI will show information about your login  and a couple other menus in the upper right of the window.  One menu has icon with ?  in it.  That is your help menu.

There are also full documentation links under the Library section of this site.  Here's one for your convenience:  https://jazz.net/library/documentation/118

Collins Akin commented Dec 09 '14, 2:14 p.m.

Under the Integrating Rational Quality Manager with other products i didn't see RTC but i saw RRPro, DOOrS, RC, RCQ and Third party Test Tools. 

Kevin Ramer commented Dec 09 '14, 2:32 p.m.

Look under "Rational solution for Collaborative Lifecycle...", that Integration section is what you're looking to find.

Collins Akin commented Dec 09 '14, 2:43 p.m.

Okay i will check that now

Collins Akin commented Dec 09 '14, 2:57 p.m.

Thank you i found it

Collins Akin commented Jan 06 '15, 10:12 a.m. | edited Feb 07 '15, 12:37 p.m.

Hi Kevin,

Please see the message i am getting (No inline editor presentation has been defined for this type of work item) after i add the friends List at the Root Services URI field. 

Kevin Ramer commented Jan 06 '15, 10:27 a.m.

I would look at the editor presentations in the Project configuration.  That project would be the work item provider.  I.e. The project XYX provides work items.  

I don't expect that the "Inline Editor" will be set and you may have to associate an existing one to the particular work item type.

Collins Akin commented Jan 06 '15, 10:54 a.m. | edited Jan 07 '15, 1:18 p.m.

Thank you for the quick response 

Collins Akin commented Jan 06 '15, 12:27 p.m. | edited Feb 07 '15, 12:37 p.m.

Thank you i am good

showing 5 of 10 show 5 more comments

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.