It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

3.0.1 upgrade failure

Robin Parker (32633739) | asked Jun 20 '11, 9:04 a.m.
repotools.sh -addTables failed with the following errors:
Adding tables to the database "//rhel:50000/JTS:user=xxxxxxxx;password=xxxxxxxx;". 

CRJAZ1442I The component model of "com.ibm.team.repository" was updated from "21" to "24".
CRJAZ1441I A new component model for "com.ibm.team.diagnostictests" was added.
CRJAZ1441I A new component model for "com.ibm.team.repository.discovery" was added.
CRJAZ1441I A new component model for "com.ibm.team.applicationmigration" was added.
CRJAZ1093I The following service class was not activated: "com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.license.LicenseService"
The user "ADMIN" has logged in to the database "//rhel:50000/JTS:user=xxxxxxxx;password=xxxxxxxx;".
CRJAZ1445E There was an error processing the migration handler named "JFS Migration Handler" for the package "com.ibm.team.jfs.resource".
CRJAZ1445E There was an error processing the migration handler named "Repository Migration Handler to migrate data from version M to M" for the package "com.ibm.team.repository".
CRJAZ1445E There was an error processing the migration handler named "Reports Migration Provider" for the package "com.ibm.team.reports".
CRJAZ1445E There was an error processing the migration handler named "Repository Migration Handler to migrate data from 2.0" for the package "com.ibm.team.repository".
CRJAZ1445E There was an error processing the migration handler named "Repository Migration Handler to migrate data from version 3.0.1 RC1 to 3.0.1 RC2" for the package "com.ibm.team.repository".
CRJAZ1445E There was an error processing the migration handler named "Repository Migration Handler to migrate data from 3.0" for the package "com.ibm.team.repository".
CRJAZ1972E The service "com.ibm.team.jfs.indexing.service.internal.IndexDataMigrationHandler" failed to activate because a service it depends on, "com.ibm.team.jfs.indexing.service.IIndexingService", failed to be activated.
CRJAZ1972E The service "com.ibm.team.datawarehouse.service.internal.DataWarehouseMigrationHandler" failed to activate because a service it depends on, "com.ibm.team.datawarehouse.service.IInternalDataWarehouseService", failed to be activated.
Running post addTables for "com.ibm.team.process"...
Running post addTables for "com.ibm.team.dashboard"...
Running post addTables for "com.ibm.team.links"...
Running post addTables for "com.ibm.team.repository.friends"...
The user "ADMIN" has logged out of the database "//rhel:50000/JTS:user=xxxxxxxx;password=xxxxxxxx;".
Database tables were added successfully.

the log file contains the following (have tried to include the most relvant looking bits)...

2011-06-20 13:56:05,030 CRJAZ1093I The following service class was not activated: "com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.license.LicenseService"

com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.TeamServiceRegistryException: CRJAZ1092I The service class "com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.license.LicenseService" failed during activation.
at com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.internal.registry.AbstractActivationManagerOwner.bindRequiredServices(AbstractActivationManagerOwner.java:246)
at com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.internal.registry.AbstractActivationManagerOwner.performActivation(AbstractActivationManagerOwner.java:603)
at com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.internal.registry.AbstractActivationManagerOwner.doActivate(AbstractActivationManagerOwner.java:665)
at com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.internal.registry.AbstractActivationManagerOwner.activate(AbstractActivationManagerOwner.java:168)
at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.framework.bundle.BundleActivationManager.activate(BundleActivationManager.java:290)
at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.framework.bundle.BundleActivationManager.performActivation(BundleActivationManager.java:1589)
at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.framework.bundle.BundleActivationManager.access$2(BundleActivationManager.java:1574)
at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.framework.bundle.BundleActivationManager$3.acquired(BundleActivationManager.java:573)
at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.container.ImportServiceRecordContainer.serviceAcquired(ImportServiceRecordContainer.java:582)
at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.container.ImportServiceRecordContainer.access$1(ImportServiceRecordContainer.java:566)
at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.container.ImportServiceRecordContainer$5.serviceAcquired(ImportServiceRecordContainer.java:352)

Caused by:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Two policies can only be merged if their operation rules are exactly the same, but the two policies had a different number of rules
at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.license.MergedContributorLicenseType.assertRulesMatch(MergedContributorLicenseType.java:127)
at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.license.MergedContributorLicenseType.assertValidMerge(MergedContributorLicenseType.java:103)
at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.license.MergedContributorLicenseType.<init>(MergedContributorLicenseType.java:47)
at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.license.MergedContributorLicenseType.addKeyToType(MergedContributorLicenseType.java:42)
at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.license.LicenseState.processPolicy(LicenseState.java:426)
at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.license.LicenseState.refreshContributorPolicies(LicenseState.java:267)
at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.license.LicenseState.removeRemoteFloatingLicenses(LicenseState.java:145)
at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.license.LicenseService.restartFloatingLicenseUpdater(LicenseService.java:375)
at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.license.LicenseService.activate(LicenseService.java:212)
at com.ibm.team.repository.service.AbstractService.bindRequiredServices(AbstractService.java:188)
at com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.internal.registry.AbstractActivationManagerOwner.bindRequiredServices(AbstractActivationManagerOwner.java:240)
... 111 more

2011-06-20 13:56:05,302 The user "ADMIN" has logged in to the database "//rhel:50000/JTS:user=xxxxxxxx;password=xxxxxxxx;".
2011-06-20 13:56:05,471 CRJAZ1445E There was an error processing the migration handler named "JFS Migration Handler" for the package "com.ibm.team.jfs.resource".
com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.TeamServiceRegistryException: CRJAZ1972E The service "com.ibm.team.jfs.storage.internal.importmigration.JFSMigrationHandler" failed to activate because a service it depends on, "com.ibm.team.jfs.resource.service.IResourceService", failed to be activated.
at com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.internal.registry.AbstractActivationManagerOwner.buildServicesMap(AbstractActivationManagerOwner.java:319)
at com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.internal.registry.AbstractActivationManagerOwner.doActivate(AbstractActivationManagerOwner.java:652)
at com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.internal.registry.ExtensionServiceActivationManagerOwner.doActivate(ExtensionServiceActivationManagerOwner.java:89)
at com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.internal.registry.ExtensionServiceActivationManagerOwner.forceActivate(ExtensionServiceActivationManagerOwner.java:111)
at com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.registry.ExtensionServiceElementDescriptor.getImplementation(ExtensionServiceElementDescriptor.java:356)
at com.ibm.team.repository.migration.internal.util.ItemMigrationHandlerRegistry.getMigrationHandler(ItemMigrationHandlerRegistry.java:240)
at com.ibm.team.repository.migration.internal.util.ItemMigrationHandlerRegistry.getMigrationHandlers(ItemMigrationHandlerRegistry.java:225)
at com.ibm.team.repository.migration.internal.service.MigrationHandlerDispatcher.initializeMigrationHandlers(MigrationHandlerDispatcher.java:78)

Caused by:
com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.TeamServiceRegistryException: CRJAZ1972E The service "com.ibm.team.jfs.resource.service.internal.ResourceService" failed to activate because a service it depends on, "com.ibm.team.repository.common.oauth.IOAuthProviderService", failed to be activated.
at com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.internal.registry.AbstractActivationManagerOwner.buildServicesMap(AbstractActivationManagerOwner.java:319)
at com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.internal.registry.AbstractActivationManagerOwner.doActivate(AbstractActivationManagerOwner.java:652)
at com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.internal.registry.ServiceProviderActivationManagerOwner.getService(ServiceProviderActivationManagerOwner.java:133)
at com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.internal.registry.OsgiServicesManager.getService(OsgiServicesManager.java:248)
at com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.internal.registry.OsgiServicesManager.getService(OsgiServicesManager.java:257)
at com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.internal.registry.AbstractActivationManagerOwner.buildServicesMap(AbstractActivationManagerOwner.java:316)
... 35 more
Caused by:
com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.TeamServiceRegistryException: CRJAZ1972E The service "com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.oauth.OAuthServiceProvider" failed to activate because a service it depends on, "com.ibm.team.repository.common.service.IContributorService", failed to be activated.
at com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.internal.registry.ServiceProviderActivationManagerOwner.getService(ServiceProviderActivationManagerOwner.java:133)
at com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.internal.registry.OsgiServicesManager.getService(OsgiServicesManager.java:248)
at com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.internal.registry.OsgiServicesManager.getService(OsgiServicesManager.java:257)
at com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.internal.registry.AbstractActivationManagerOwner.buildServicesMap(AbstractActivationManagerOwner.java:316)
... 40 more
Caused by:
com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.TeamServiceRegistryException: CRJAZ1972E The service "com.ibm.team.repository.service.jts.contributor.internal.JtsContributorService" failed to activate because a service it depends on, "com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.IInternalDbContributorService", failed to be activated.
... 45 more
Caused by:
com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.TeamServiceRegistryException: CRJAZ1972E The service "com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.ContributorService" failed to activate because a service it depends on, "com.ibm.team.repository.common.ILicenseAdminService", failed to be activated.
... 50 more

2011-06-20 13:56:05,477 CRJAZ1445E There was an error processing the migration handler named "Repository Migration Handler to migrate data from version M to M" for the package "com.ibm.team.repository".
com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.TeamServiceRegistryException: CRJAZ1972E The service "com.ibm.team.repository.service.migration.RepositoryMigrationHandlerMToM" failed to activate because a service it depends on, "com.ibm.team.repository.service.jts.migration.IJTSRepositoryMigrationCLMHandler", failed to be activated.
at com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.internal.registry.ExtensionServiceActivationManagerOwner.doActivate(ExtensionServiceActivationManagerOwner.java:89)
at com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.internal.registry.ExtensionServiceActivationManagerOwner.forceActivate(ExtensionServiceActivationManagerOwner.java:111)

Many Thanks,

Robin

11 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Jun 21 '11, 3:59 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

did you install the required base licenses with the JTS server?

permanent link
Robin Parker (32633739) | answered Jun 21 '11, 5:14 a.m.
Hi Ralph,

Yes, I did indeed install the base license with the JTS Server. I originally downloaded the 1.4G repository zip file and noticed that the base licenses don't appear to be available in that repository so I installed using a combination - the licenses from the web and the JTS/CCM files from the local repository.

I may try installing all from the web later in case my repo zip file is corrupt.

Sorry, I should have given you some background before..

I'm installing on RHEL 5.5 with a DB2 9.7 database.

I have JTS + CCM 3.0 installed and we've been using them for a while. My upgrade plan was to install JTS+CCM 3.0.1 (we're using the 2.x 'jazz' nomenclature for ccm) in a seperate directory/package group and run the upgrade as per the instructions.

Merging of the config files seems to complete ok, It all falls over with the addTables command on the JTS.

Given that the command completes with the message 'Database tables were added successfully. ' I tried ignoring the errors and forging ahead regardless. Unsurprisingly the whole thing collapses in a heap when I try to use it.

We do have a set of 3.x Stakeholder, Contributor and DevForWorkgroups licenses installed but from what I have read, the upgrade should work with those just fine.

Any further insight you can provide would be much appreciated.

Robin

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Jun 21 '11, 7:11 a.m.
Hi Ralph,

Yes, I did indeed install the base license with the JTS Server. I originally downloaded the 1.4G repository zip file and noticed that the base licenses don't appear to be available in that repository so I installed using a combination - the licenses from the web and the JTS/CCM files from the local repository.

I may try installing all from the web later in case my repo zip file is corrupt.

I have JTS + CCM 3.0 installed and we've been using them for a while. My upgrade plan was to install JTS+CCM 3.0.1 (we're using the 2.x 'jazz' nomenclature for ccm) in a seperate directory/package group and run the upgrade as per the instructions.

Merging of the config files seems to complete ok, It all falls over with the addTables command on the JTS.

Given that the command completes with the message 'Database tables were added successfully. ' I tried ignoring the errors and forging ahead regardless. Unsurprisingly the whole thing collapses in a heap when I try to use it.

We do have a set of 3.x Stakeholder, Contributor and DevForWorkgroups licenses installed but from what I have read, the upgrade should work with those just fine.

Robin

Hi Robin,

hard to tell.

Did you follow http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v3r0m1/topic/com.ibm.jazz.install.doc/topics/roadmap_clm_upgrade.html and created upgrade instructions for your case?

What concerned me reading your post the first time was the repotools command. You won't run that, except you try the manual upgrade without using the upgrade_ccm scripts, or you just didn't include the step and command in the original post. You would run the upgrade_ccm which would run the repotools command.

A beta of the new upgrade workshop should be published today or tomorrow and that would give you a good idea also, even if the situation is different, the general flow would be similar.

I would also search work items for your issue. I gave it a try but did not spend a lot of time.

One thing that comes into mind is this issue I put in: https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=168958

It was related to the 10 free licenses. The License file was wrong for the initial download. Interestingly it throws the same error you see. Maybe there is a connection. I would try to delete all license files in 3.0 you can delete before trying to migrate (I assume you follow the backup instructions and do a test before running the full migration).

I would strongly suggest to create a work item at least if you can't get it working in the next 2 tries following the interactive upgrade guide.

permanent link
Robin Parker (32633739) | answered Jun 21 '11, 7:15 a.m.
Hi Ralph,

I have tried reinstalling everything using the web installer rather than my downloaded repository with the same result.

I have perused the log files a but more thoroughly and the root of the problem seems to be this error message:
Two policies can only be merged if their operation rules are exactly the same, but the two policies had a different number of rules

A search based on this error lead me quickly to this forum topic
https://jazz.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=57926 and finally this defect https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=168958

Could the base licenses be in any way suffering from the same problem as the 10 free ones? - unlikely as someone else would have reported the same problem?

So is it to do with the 3.0 licenses I already have installed in the repository?

Many Thanks,

Robin

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Jun 21 '11, 7:23 a.m.
Hi Ralph,

Robin

Robin, just another thought. The issue happens as soon as the user logs into the DB. You should also consult the database logs. Maybe there is an issue there and the issue you see is just caused by the DB error.

One thing that is also mentioned in the help is the requirement: If you installed DB2 9.7 and you created the database as another user than the user db2admin, you must grant dbadm authority to that user. I have initially assumed that you must have done that already going to 3.0 but maybe you changed the users?

permanent link
Robin Parker (32633739) | answered Jun 21 '11, 8:20 a.m.
Hi Ralph,

Cracked it!

It was the Developer For Workgroups authorized licenses.
In my last test, I removed only those licenses and the upgrade went ahead without a problem.

I have completed the upgrade now and loaded on our updated Developer For Workgroups license and everything seems fine.

Many Thanks for your help.

Robin

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Jun 21 '11, 8:44 a.m.
Hi Ralph,

Cracked it!

In my last test, I removed only those licenses and the upgrade went ahead without a problem.

I have completed the upgrade now and loaded on our updated Developer For Workgroups license and everything seems fine.

Robin

Hi Robin,

glad you got it working!

permanent link
Thomas Moore (2111) | answered Jun 22 '11, 7:53 a.m.
Hi Ralph,

Cracked it!

Robin

Robin,

Did you completely uninstall and reinstall 3.0.1 when you got this to work, or did you simply re-run the upgrade script?

Thomas

permanent link
Robin Parker (32633739) | answered Jun 29 '11, 8:46 a.m.
Hi Thomas,

Apologies for the late reply.

I didn't reinstall 3.0.1.

The attempted upgrade left the database in an unusable state so I had to restore it, then log into it with the 3.0 server and remove the licenses before shutting down the 3.0 server and proceeding with the upgrade as normal.

Robin

permanent link
Gray Bachelor (3644) | answered Sep 07 '11, 3:56 a.m.
Situation: Customer PoC project no longer working since upgrade from RTC3.0 iFix1/DB2 V9.5 to RTC3.0.1/DB39.5 Fix Pack 3A on Windows Server 2003

DB backup available: RTC3.0 iFix1/DB2 V9.5
Alternative server available: RTC3.0 iFix1 / Derby / XP

Proposal: To restore the DB2 V9.5 on the alternative RTC3.0 iFix1 / Derby / XP server and migrate that to RTC3.0 iFix1/ DB2 V9.5/XP

Advice needed:
Q1 - is it possible to restore the backed up database for 3.0 ifix1on this other server ?
Q2- if so how to do this recovery and migration ?
Q3 - will we lose any project information ? i.e are there any additional files needed other than the DB2 archive ?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.