It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

scm create snapshot : Is there any way to specify component?

Takehiko Amano (1.3k3741) | asked May 11 '11, 2:46 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
In Eclipse GUI, it is possible to create stream snapshot which contains a part of component. But it seems there is no option to specify components in CLI : scm create snapshot ?

Is there any good work around ?

Detail Step in GUI
----------------------
1. Click stream and create snapshot
2. Expand option, and then select components

=> This enable to create snapshot which only contains a part of components.

If there is no option, I'll raise as enhancement request (because CLI should support most of GUI operations).

2 answers

permanent link
Shashikant Padur (4.2k27) | answered May 13 '11, 4:25 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
There is no way to specify components when creating a snapshot. Please raise an enhancement request. Thanks.

One way of achieving this although a round about way is....
1) Create a workspace with --stream option... 'lscm create workspace --stream <stream> <ws>'
2) Remove the components that you do not need.. 'lscm workspace remove-component <ws> <comp>
3) Create the snapshot from the workspace
4) You can also associate this snapshot to the stream... 'lscm snapshot promote <stream> <ss>'
5) In 301, you could also delete the workspace... 'lscm workspace delete <ws>'

In Eclipse GUI, it is possible to create stream snapshot which contains a part of component. But it seems there is no option to specify components in CLI : scm create snapshot ?

Is there any good work around ?

Detail Step in GUI
----------------------
1. Click stream and create snapshot
2. Expand option, and then select components

=> This enable to create snapshot which only contains a part of components.

If there is no option, I'll raise as enhancement request (because CLI should support most of GUI operations).

permanent link
GIUSEFFI William (1654) | answered Jul 11 '11, 12:31 p.m.
I put the enhancement, which is interesting:
https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=166075

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.