It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Query for RQM Production environment

Manoj Tiwari (4684) | asked May 04 '11, 6:03 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Team:

I have one query regarding RQM Production environment

As a admin -

I have setup my RQM (2.x) production on Windows server 2003 Standard edition (Service Pack 2) which is having 3.62 GB of RAM and hard disk 550 GB with LDAP enabled using Tomcat.

I connected with DB2 as a back-end database which kept on another server separately and daily backup for RQM db done.

I don't have any immediate plan to upgrade RQM 3.x and also not going to install all applications (RQM/RTC/RRC)on one machine.

Queries

1. Do you see that in the future whatever machine selected (Windows Server 2003 Standard edition, 3.62 GB RAM and 550GB HDD) is of low configuration?

2. It can be an issue when more data would get loaded into RQM.

3. In future RQM- RTC integration done, in that case RTC is also on another server.

So RQM on Windows box, DB2 on another machine and finally RTC on Linux box works fine?

Anybody experience any issue with same setup or any suggestions ?

One answer

permanent link
Murali Dhandapani (11698) | answered May 11 '11, 7:14 a.m.
1. Do you see that in the future whatever machine selected (Windows Server 2003 Standard edition, 3.62 GB RAM and 550GB HDD) is of low configuration?

It depends on the future release of products and its supported Hardware and software requirements.

2. It can be an issue when more data would get loaded into RQM.

No. I believe more data you mean a reasonable size.

3. In future RQM- RTC integration done, in that case RTC is also on another server.So RQM on Windows box, DB2 on another machine and finally RTC on Linux box works fine?

It will work fine with no issues. Integration is platform independent.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.