It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can RQM RFT script specify a new datapool within RQM?

Don Yang (7.7k21109138) | asked Jan 21 '16, 12:39 a.m.
RQM 5.0.2 and RFT 8.6.x.

RFT script has a datapool associated when recording in RFT. In RQM, a new RFT script was created. The user wants to specify a new datapool when running the RFT script in RQM. Is there an option in RQM we can use to specify
a new datapool which will be used during execution instead of the one associated with RFT script originally?
I am thinking that put the full path to a new datapool file in Script Argument field of RFT script in RQM, but I am not sure if that would actually be picked up during execution Not the one associated with the original RFT script. Does anyone have info/experience for this use case?

Thanks a lot.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Prakash Chauhan (36) | answered Jan 27 '16, 10:45 a.m.

At one time the script can be associated with only a single test Datapool.

However you can use Datapool APIs  to load multiple datapools  and work with them that way.

To determine which datapool  to use  can be passed   as script argument or Execution Variables.

You will find lot of code regarding loading of datapools programmatically. Let  me know if this is not what you were looking for .

Thanks

Don Yang selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Don Yang commented Jan 27 '16, 5:59 p.m.

Thanks Prakash for the suggestions.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.