It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Persistent Columns Configuration on Project Artifacts Page

Andrei Kirshin (3642) | asked May 02 '11, 3:05 a.m.
Two observations:
1. When you navigate between the folders, the table columns configuration is preserved.
2. When you navigate out of the Project Artifacts Page and then get back, the columns configuration is restored to the default.

My question is:
Is it possible to save the columns configuration, preferably per folder?
If not, is it planned for future releases/milestones?

3 answers

permanent link
Daniel Moul (4.9k1318) | answered May 02 '11, 8:22 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Which version of RRC are you using?

Compared to V2, we have made the project page display much more customizable in V3, but as you mention, there remains a default config of the columns. The design goal for V3 is to make it easy to apply one of many pre-configured views (pre-configured by you) using a saved filter.

We debated whether for V3 we could/should make the default view more customizable. In the end we decided asking the user to make one extra click on a saved filter was OK for V3, and we turned our attention to other UI enhancements.

Feel free to search for a related enhancement request in our work item system, add a comment, and subscribe yourself; if you don't find one, feel free to create one yourself.

permanent link
Andrei Kirshin (3642) | answered May 02 '11, 9:08 a.m.
Thank you very much for the answer. I'm using 3.0.1RC1.

I was not aware that "filter" stores also the columns configuration. For some reason it was not intuitive to me.

The following picture is more intuitive to me:
- a Filter selects specific artifacts (according to some criteria),
- a View presents the selected artifacts in certain form - basically it filters the attributes, orders them and assigns certain column widths.

Thank you!

permanent link
Daniel Moul (4.9k1318) | answered May 02 '11, 9:21 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
In RRC V3 the a saved filter includes both (1) the look of the UI (which information is displayed in the columns of the UI, in what order, with what column widths); and (2) the filter criteria that selects the rows (which artifacts show up in the rows).

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.