It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

CRRRC1022E - Invalid JazzRest 'jruser' password problem

Jennifer Day (161) | asked Nov 23 '09, 3:54 a.m.
Hi,

I installed RRC 1.0 (server and client) using DB2 as the back-end database and for a while RRC worked fine. I have configured it as a stand-alone installation on my Thinkpad (Windows SP2) and using localhost.

Suddenly, when I try to login to RRC, it could no longer access the repository and I have no idea why.
I then tried to reinitialise the RRC but it says my 'jruser' password is invalid. What is strange is that I never changed it!
I checked the status of the following:

- jruser part of DB2ADMIN group: OK
- I had written the jruser password down and re-used it during the initialisation attempt: NOT OK
I receive error: CRRRC1022E.

Can someone please help urgently. I have to give a presentation of RRC.

Many thanks,

Jennifer

5 answers

permanent link
Daniel Moul (4.9k1318) | answered Nov 23 '09, 2:24 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
My guess is that the jruser account's password needs to be changed -- it likely has timed out based on the password expiration policy active in Windows.

permanent link
Jennifer Day (161) | answered Nov 24 '09, 2:22 a.m.
Hi dmoul,

Thank you for your responding to this question so quickly. I tried to change the password in the configuration process yesterday but that failed too.
I also reset the password in Windows XP for jruser to the same as the one in the configuration process (just to be on the safe side), and still failed. I am at loss with this.

Can you tell me how I should change the password and where (if you know of course)?
Is there anything I should do in Windows XP (for jrsuser)?

Many thanks for your help.

Jen

permanent link
Jennifer Day (161) | answered Nov 24 '09, 5:19 a.m.
I found the solution to the problem:

1) Delete "jruser" user account from windows XP user accounts management
2) Drop the two databases (and uncatalog them from DB2)
3) Re-initialise the RRC server

Note: Set the "jruser" user to "password never expires" to ensure this problem no longer occurs.

permanent link
Daniel Moul (4.9k1318) | answered Nov 24 '09, 2:09 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
You probably could have gotten this to work after changing the password if you had run the server configuration utility again and reset the password there. But your solution worked, and that's the important thing :-)

permanent link
Jennifer Day (161) | answered Nov 25 '09, 2:14 a.m.
You probably could have gotten this to work after changing the password if you had run the server configuration utility again and reset the password there. But your solution worked, and that's the important thing :-)

Hi,

I had originally tried that a couple of times with different passwords but it failed too which was surprising. The only way I got it to work was to delete the whole user and start again.

Thanks again for setting me in the right direction. I wouldn't have found a solution had it not been for your help. Cheers!

Jen

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.