It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Inserting Artifacts (Table)

Derek Chu (2153) | asked Apr 13 '11, 1:46 p.m.
Hi,

I created a table with a property of 100% width; when I view the artifact, it spans the whole screen which is what I want. But when I go to insert this artifact into another artifact, the table (inserted artifact) no longer spans the whole screen. Is there a way that I can make the inserted table span the whole screen? Thanks.

Derek

6 answers

permanent link
William Andreas (136) | answered Apr 18 '11, 11:29 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I think you should open a defect on this issue. It appears that when you insert the artifact into another artifact, the width of the "embedded artfiact" doesn't take into account a table that has a 100% width AND where there are no other block level elements in the page (e.g., paragraphs) that are wider than the minimum width needed to diplay the table.

(In other words, if you add a "wide" paragraph of text before or after the table, it will be displayed correctly. But if there isn't any "wide" paragraph or other block level element, the table is squished).

permanent link
Derek Chu (2153) | answered Apr 18 '11, 1:54 p.m.
I think you should open a defect on this issue. It appears that when you insert the artifact into another artifact, the width of the "embedded artfiact" doesn't take into account a table that has a 100% width AND where there are no other block level elements in the page (e.g., paragraphs) that are wider than the minimum width needed to diplay the table.

(In other words, if you add a "wide" paragraph of text before or after the table, it will be displayed correctly. But if there isn't any "wide" paragraph or other block level element, the table is squished).

Thanks, I've submitted the defect. I've found that in my case, this also happens when I have a wide paragraph of text on the page. It also happens when I insert multiple tables (all with 100% width property) into an artifact, some of those tables will be displayed correctly, while others will be squished.

permanent link
Eduardo Mylonas da Silva (23422519) | answered Apr 18 '11, 3:35 p.m.
I am trying to create new requirement types as per the instructions in the online help(http://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/topic/com.ibm.rational.rrm.help.doc/topics/t_create_artifact_type.html?resultof=%22%63%72%65%61%74%69%6e%67%22%20%22%63%72%65%61%74%22%20%22%72%65%71%75%69%72%65%6d%65%6e%74%22%20%22%72%65%71%75%69%72%22%20%22%74%79%70%65%22%20):
1. Click Manage Project Properties from the drop-down menu at the Administration icon. An administrative page opens.
2. Click the Artifact Types tab.
3. Click New Type.
4. Enter a Name and optional Description.
5. Select a Artifact Format.
6. Optionally, for text-based artifact types, select the check box Use artifacts of this type as glossary terms, if applicable. Users can search for term artifacts from within a text-based artifacts using the Lookup Term function.
7. Click Add Attribute to add properties to the attribute type.
8. Click Save.

However, I have a problem at Step 3 (Click New Type) as the New Type link is disabled for me. I am the administrator of the project area.

Maybe there's a configuration missing? Any thoughts?

Thank you

permanent link
Vicki Chan (4113) | answered May 10 '11, 1:53 a.m.
Hi,

I'm also experiencing this same problem. I'm using 3.0.1 Beta3.

As well as Administrator to the project area, I have also granted:

1) JazzUsers, JazzAdmins, and JazzProjectAdmins privileges to the user at the Jazz Team Server level

2) Administrator, Project Snapshot Administrator, Author, Commenter process roles in the project

But the "New Type" link is still disabled.

Anyone with any other info or ideas???

permanent link
tina zhuo (8133) | answered May 13 '11, 9:59 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
1) Minimum: JazzUsers privileges to the user at the Jazz Team Server level
2) Administrator in the project
3) License: RRC - Analyst

With the above three criteria met, you should be able to add new types or modify existing ones.

permanent link
Eduardo Mylonas da Silva (23422519) | answered May 16 '11, 8:56 a.m.
1) Minimum: JazzUsers privileges to the user at the Jazz Team Server level
2) Administrator in the project
3) License: RRC - Analyst

With the above three criteria met, you should be able to add new types or modify existing ones.

Yes, that's how I fix my problem.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.