It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Insight User Authentication

Kim Guzell (61) | asked Mar 22 '11, 2:15 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I have an open PMR and the technote that addresses it tells me "not to allow annonymous access" as a workaround. I see how to disable annonymous in Cognos Admin, however, I am not ready to use an authentication service (like LDAP, etc.). Can I set up a few users to access Insight reports, etc. without using an authentication service? If I disable annonymous access, do I use the "Everyone" group or create a new one? How do I do this?

4 answers

permanent link
Mordy Adler (611) | answered Mar 22 '11, 3:30 p.m.
I have an open PMR and the technote that addresses it tells me "not to allow annonymous access" as a workaround. I see how to disable annonymous in Cognos Admin, however, I am not ready to use an authentication service (like LDAP, etc.). Can I set up a few users to access Insight reports, etc. without using an authentication service? If I disable annonymous access, do I use the "Everyone" group or create a new one? How do I do this?

Hi Kim,
Would you mind clarifying which technote you are referring to?

To the best of my knowledge enabling anonymous access is the only way to allow a user to access the web app without having an authentication service installed. Unfortunately, neither Cognos nor Insight allow you to create a named user.

You may want to consider setting up a NTLM namespace if you are on Windows.

permanent link
Kim Guzell (61) | answered Mar 22 '11, 3:37 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
The Technote: https://www-304.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21343199

The PMR is 23498 442 000 if you want to reference the issue

permanent link
Kelvin Low (16321) | answered Mar 23 '11, 1:24 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Can you provide the RATLC id for the APAR?

permanent link
Kelvin Low (16321) | answered Mar 23 '11, 6:29 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
FYI. I have helped Kim resolved the issue. The technote was irrelevant as she was encountering a Cognos application firewall issue. To fix the issue, I had her run IBM Cognos Configuration, go to Security > IBM Cognos Application Firewall, click Valid domains and hosts, add the network domain names and IP address of the report server, save and restart the Insight report server. She can now access the report server with a host name or IP address in the URL.

To read more about Cognos application firewall, visit http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/rentrpt/v1r0m1/index.jsp and search for "Cognos application firewall".

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.