It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Namespace Renaming

preetam kulkarni (139298) | asked Feb 23 '11, 8:55 a.m.
Hi All,

I have set up Insight 1.0.1 on a stand alone machine with LDAP configurations on Windows server 2003 OS. I want to rename my LDAP Name space. I tried it by stopping the WAS server and rename it. I started the server and I could not see Cognos Administration Option in Launch once i Logged in.
Can anybody help me in renaming the LDAP namespace????

Thanks in Advance

6 answers

permanent link
Kelvin Low (16321) | answered Feb 24 '11, 5:15 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
In order to launch the Cognos Administration UI, the authenticated user must be assigned the System Administrators role or is a member of a group that is assigned the System Administrators role.

The issue you are facing can happen if you had changed the ID of your namesapace. With the ID change, the Insight report server would treat the namespace as a new namespace and all previous references to the old namespace, especially those pertaining to role assignment, would no longer be valid. If you just want to rename the namespace without changing its ID, right-click the namespace in Cognos Configuration, select Rename and enter the new name.

To fix your issue, run Cognos Configuration and change the namespace ID back to the original one. Then perform the simple renaming as outlined above. Restart the report server and you should be good to go.

permanent link
preetam kulkarni (139298) | answered Feb 28 '11, 7:38 a.m.
Hi Kelvin,
Thanks for your reply. I have added bluegroup to the system Administrators role. Also I tried to chang e the namespace by right click and rename. I can rename it , however when i start the report server i am not able to see the login screen, as there will be a error message saying Dispatcher still initializing.
please suggest.

permanent link
Kelvin Low (16321) | answered Mar 04 '11, 2:38 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Depending on your server hardware, it typically takes about 3-4 mins for the Web application to be fully loaded and initialized.

permanent link
preetam kulkarni (139298) | answered Mar 04 '11, 2:44 a.m.
Hi Kelvin,

I agree with you, however even after 10-20 minutes the page remains same after refreshing.

permanent link
Rasmus Iversen (161) | answered Mar 04 '11, 10:30 a.m.
Try to do a cache refresh ctrl + F5

permanent link
preetam kulkarni (139298) | answered Mar 07 '11, 12:15 a.m.
Hi Rasmus,

I could do the following steps
1. restored the namespace name back to the original
2. Enabled anonymous access in cognos config.
3. now tried to login with my id and was able to login
4. assigned Everyone role to system Administrators role
5. Changed the name of the namespace
6. Restarted the server.
7.With Anonymous set to true, I can access the server and then i login from there.
While logging in I am able to see the change in the namespace. However, once I remove everyone from System Administrator role, then i will not be able to login at all. Hence i Have to change the settings back to original one , with the previous namespace and anonymous set to false.

Hence i dont want everyone role assigned to system administrator role.

Please Suggest

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.