It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RCR 2.0.1.1 on SuSE SLES 10?

Stefan Schmelz (5711821) | asked Mar 15 '11, 4:15 a.m.
Hi all,

as there is no answer in the RQM forum, maybe some of you folks know.
System requirements only say, RH would be recommended for Common Reporting 2.0.1.1, but not required.
So my question is, can we install RCR 2.0.1.1 on SuSE SLES 10 and does anybody have information on any pitfalls.

Thank you very much in advance.
Stefan

One answer

permanent link
Lawrence Mandel (51121) | answered Mar 16 '11, 10:11 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR
Hi Stefan,

I'm sorry that you didn't get a response on the RQM forum. That is the correct forum in which to ask this question as Rational Common Reporting and Rational Insight are separate offerings with their own support statements. However, I can tell you that Rational Insight does not support SUSE Linux. If you choose to install Insight on SUSE you will need to reproduce any issue that you find on a supported platform before you can report the issue to IBM.

In terms of installing, I have heard reports of some users successfully installing on SUSE. This configuration has not been thoroughly tested by our test teams. While installation on this platform may work there may be components that do not run properly.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.