It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Project level security enabled

Jackie Albert (1.6k14947) | asked Mar 10 '11, 3:34 p.m.
I have per-project security enabled in Insight, so that users can only report against data they have access to in their products.

However, as an administrator, I don't necessarily have an ID in each of the end projects. Is there a way to override the project security for administrators to test reports and results?

3 answers

permanent link
Jeffrey Liu (111131) | answered Mar 11 '11, 11:56 a.m.
Hi, I assume you are refering to the project level security that you turn on in FM? The short answer is no, there's no "override" flag avaiable. However, here're some options that may help you:

1. You can use the OOTB DM ETL to load your ID/projects from a spreadsheet.

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/rentrpt/v1r0m1/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.rational.raer.help.doc/topics/t_data_from_excel.html

2. You can change the filters used in FM. But the problem is, there are a lot of filters.

3. As a Cognos admin, you can write custom SQL in Report Studio. If you do that, then you have direct access to the data.

Hope this helps. Jeff.

permanent link
Jackie Albert (1.6k14947) | answered Mar 11 '11, 4:41 p.m.
Thanks Jeff, I was referring to the project level security in FM.

We're looking for a way to automate loading user/project relationships in the RESOURCE_PROJECT_LOOKUP table because with 12,000+ users spread across 400 projects in 45 repositories, loading all these manually via a spreadsheet isn't really something maintainable with the amount of users added/removed/changed on a daily basis across all these projects.

Also, as I mentioned I don't necessarily have an ID in each of these projects so even if I loaded the data I wouldn't have permissions. At this point, I may have to look at updating the filters in FM. The direct SQL is nice, but it won't be sufficient when users need help with their project-specific reports.

permanent link
Jeff McRae (2711) | answered Mar 16 '11, 12:14 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Thanks Jeff, I was referring to the project level security in FM.

We're looking for a way to automate loading user/project relationships in the RESOURCE_PROJECT_LOOKUP table because with 12,000+ users spread across 400 projects in 45 repositories, loading all these manually via a spreadsheet isn't really something maintainable with the amount of users added/removed/changed on a daily basis across all these projects.

Also, as I mentioned I don't necessarily have an ID in each of these projects so even if I loaded the data I wouldn't have permissions. At this point, I may have to look at updating the filters in FM. The direct SQL is nice, but it won't be sufficient when users need help with their project-specific reports.

Hi - If the current product doesn't meet your needs, the best course of action would be to enter a Request for Enhancement here:
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rfe/?BRAND_ID=1

Jeff

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.