It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Problem with SP in Rational Insight V1.0.1

Robert Delmionico (1111) | asked Dec 08 '10, 6:00 p.m.
Hi,
I have a simple stored procedure that has one parameter. When I attempt to test the report from Report Studio I get a prompt window for the parameter. If I then look at the systemOut log, I find the error message below, multiple times. The parameter is a simple integer value.

E com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.srt.SRTServletRequest parseParameters SRVE0133E: An error occurred while parsing parameters. {0}
java.io.IOException: SRVE0216E: post body contains less bytes than specified by content-length

Thanks,
Robert

2 answers

permanent link
Robert Delmionico (1111) | answered Dec 09 '10, 6:11 p.m.
Hi,
Well, after a little more testing it appears it may not be the Stored Procedure. I can replicate the problem with just a singe Value Prompt. All I need to do is launch the report with the single Value Prompt and the message will appear in the log. I have also noticed that every hour I see a core dump in the Web server. The server then automatically restarts. This explains some of instability I have seen.

Thanks,
Robert

Hi,
I have a simple stored procedure that has one parameter. When I attempt to test the report from Report Studio I get a prompt window for the parameter. If I then look at the systemOut log, I find the error message below, multiple times. The parameter is a simple integer value.

E com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.srt.SRTServletRequest parseParameters SRVE0133E: An error occurred while parsing parameters. {0}
java.io.IOException: SRVE0216E: post body contains less bytes than specified by content-length

Thanks,
Robert

permanent link
Jeffrey Liu (111131) | answered Jan 20 '11, 10:06 a.m.
Hi Robert,

How is your value prompt populated? Static values? From a query? If from a query, how does your query look like?

Also, can I assume that your server instability issue only happens when you actually run the report? If you leave the report there and not run it, you do not run into the instability issue?

Thanks,

Jeff

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.