It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Need help with Execution Result and Execution Workitem XML

Yaqian Fang (2013223) | asked Mar 08 '11, 12:16 a.m.
Hi,

I'm trying to create exectution result and execution work item in XML and then use the URL utility to upload them into RQM. I'm able to successfully upload the execution result and execution work item XMLs. But there are problems:

- information missing. In the exectuion work item XML, I have <ns2:currentexecutionresult> and <ns2:executionresult>. After upload, those two fields are gone.

- information also missing in the execution result XML. I have <ns3:state>com.ibm.rqm.execution.common.state.failed</ns3:state>
<ns7:machine>testmachine</ns7:machine>
<ns7:starttime>2010-12-03T02:01:45.421Z</ns7:starttime>
<ns7:endtime>2010-12-03T02:02:14.312Z</ns7:endtime>
After upload, <state> field and <machine> field are gone. Start time and End time became 1970-01-01T00:00:00.000Z
The points info. on passed/attempted/failed/blocked/inconclusive became zero.

- In RQM GUI, the execution result shows as "Not Run", thus it can't be opened.

- in RQM GUI, execution work item can be displayed, but no last result even though the linkage has been set in the both XML files.

Can anyone please tell me what went wrong? Also, is there a list of required and option fields for each test artifact in RQM when creating them externally in XML files?

Many thanks!

2 answers

permanent link
Kurtis Martin (1.4k11) | answered Mar 08 '11, 12:47 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
You want to create your execution work item first. When you create it, don't bother specifying any currentexecutionresult or executionresult elements.

Second, create the executionresult providing the link to the executionworkitem you just created. When you create a new executionresult, RQM will automatically set the currentexecutionresult of the associated EWI and add the result to the EWI list of execution results.

In terms of the other data that is missing, be certain you are using the correct namespace. Do a get on an result that was created via the UI and verify the namespace being used for those elements is correct.

Also, you should also tell folks what version of RQM you are using. Maybe this is an issue that has already been fixed.

permanent link
Yaqian Fang (2013223) | answered Mar 08 '11, 6:13 a.m.
Thank you!
It is the namespace problem. I have two RQM servers, both are 2.0.1.1 with the same iFix. The only difference is one is on windows and the other is on Linux. The XML file that worked on one RQM didn't work on the other. I then looked at the namespaces used, they are little different.

For example:
One has <ns3:owner>, while the other is <ns5:owner>;
one has <ns9:frequency>, and the other is <ns6:frequency>

Why is that?

You want to create your execution work item first. When you create it, don't bother specifying any currentexecutionresult or executionresult elements.

Second, create the executionresult providing the link to the executionworkitem you just created. When you create a new executionresult, RQM will automatically set the currentexecutionresult of the associated EWI and add the result to the EWI list of execution results.

In terms of the other data that is missing, be certain you are using the correct namespace. Do a get on an result that was created via the UI and verify the namespace being used for those elements is correct.

Also, you should also tell folks what version of RQM you are using. Maybe this is an issue that has already been fixed.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.