It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is there a way to import test cases/modules from DOORS to Quality Manager?

Soukdao Phothisane (1112) | asked Aug 11 '15, 1:58 p.m.
 Hi,

I have a suite of test documents in DOORS and I would like to load a DOORS module into RQM rather than manually entering steps for each case.  I am able to see a requirements document module when I link requirements to a test case, so it seems possible to do the same with test document modules.

Additionally, I found that RQM has a Word/Excel importer, so I suppose that I could export from DOORS to Word and then import to RQM.  However, I would like to avoid that.

I am using DOORS version 9.5.2.0 and RQM version 5.0.

Thanks in advance for any help and I apologize if this has already been answered.

One answer

permanent link
Mehul Patel (9695) | answered Aug 11 '15, 3:05 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR
Soukdao,

No, you can not import DOORS data (object/requirement/module/collection) to RQM. The only option you have is to link data from DOORS to RQM using OSLC links. 

If your intention is just to view test steps from DOORS module at the test script steps UI then you can enable to 'Allow linking between test script steps and requirements' from manage project properties UI and create link from Test script step to test document in DOORS. (though it will associate as RM links only)

OR as you pointed export DOORS data to csv file, open it in Excel, build cfg file and export to RQM.

Regards,
Mehul

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.