It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

IP Address changed/lost previous content. Any way to restore

Saiwah Man (621) | asked Mar 01 '11, 5:56 a.m.
I was running RRC V3 beta, when the IP Address changed on the machine where the server is installed. Therefore wasn't able to access the main UI of it. I was adviced to run the setup process again to reconfigure the URL to match the newly assigned IP Address. However all my previous content(projects, users, requirements etc) has now all gone, and I am left with a brand new/clean slate.

is there any way to recover and restore the previous content to this new IP address.

Your help is much needed and will be appreciated

Thanks

5 answers

permanent link
Robin Bater (3.4k47) | answered Mar 01 '11, 9:23 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I was running RRC V3 beta, when the IP Address changed on the machine where the server is installed. Therefore wasn't able to access the main UI of it. I was adviced to run the setup process again to reconfigure the URL to match the newly assigned IP Address. However all my previous content(projects, users, requirements etc) has now all gone, and I am left with a brand new/clean slate.

is there any way to recover and restore the previous content to this new IP address.

Thanks

I hope that his technote might help

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=0&context=SSWMEQ&q1=ip+change&uid=swg21410449&loc=en_US&cs=utf-8&cc=us&lang=en

permanent link
Saiwah Man (621) | answered Mar 02 '11, 4:08 a.m.

Thanks

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=0&context=SSWMEQ&q1=ip+change&uid=swg21410449&loc=en_US&cs=utf-8&cc=us&lang=en

Thank you for your response. Basically I did follow these sets up until the setup wizard however the setup assumed this was a completely new application and did not pick up any of my previous projects, requirements, users etc. I believe I found some old files located within the C:Drive. Is there anyway to revert back to these, via importing these files into RRC, seeing that the RRC application is currently in a clean slate , with no projects, users setup.

Your help is very much appreciated and it is crucial for me to somehow restore my previous content

Thank you

permanent link
Robin Bater (3.4k47) | answered Mar 02 '11, 8:16 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Thanks

Thank you for your response. Basically I did follow these sets up until the setup wizard however the setup assumed this was a completely new application and did not pick up any of my previous projects, requirements, users etc. I believe I found some old files located within the C:Drive. Is there anyway to revert back to these, via importing these files into RRC, seeing that the RRC application is currently in a clean slate , with no projects, users setup.

Your help is very much appreciated and it is crucial for me to somehow restore my previous content

Thank you

I am hoping that maybe development knows something, as nothing springs to mind. You could try uploading the files one by one or if they are xml files open then and manually copying the information over.

permanent link
Roman N (621) | answered Apr 14 '11, 12:18 p.m.
I had the same problem in 2.0.0.2. Content exists but can be opened only via search dialog.
Though i only change ip-address in configurution to hostname
Nothing helped, only to do the steps backwards

I think that nowadays mechanism of changing ip, backuping and migrating is too complex and buggy :(

permanent link
Daniel Moul (4.9k1318) | answered Apr 14 '11, 12:49 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I wonder if you need to regenerate the RRC index files. I can't recall the "magic URL" to do that. You could search this forum, the RRC information center or ibm.com/support for details.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.