It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Getting error when running RRC,RTC

Lipi Das (2612635) | asked Oct 09 '13, 5:20 a.m.
retagged Oct 11 '13, 1:26 p.m. by Ralph Earle (25739)

Till sometime back RRC , RTC was working fine in the machine. Somedays back the machine ran out of disc space and it started showing up exceptions in the jazz server console. Some cleanup activity was done to free disc space on the machine and then the machine was restarted.

But the issue with RRC, RTC did not get resolved.

It keeps showing "ID CRRRW7611W  The server was unable to generate the list of artifacts in a reasonable period of time. Try making the filter more specific. For example, specify which artifact types to display, and try to open the list again"

If I check the Status Summary in Server Administration page it shows

Storage Areas Create Resource (Error checking JFS: com.ibm.rdm.fronting.server.exception.ServiceUnavailableException)

I tried Reconfiguring Storage and Rebuilding Index in the Configuration page of Server Administration but it still does not help.

RRC,RTC is completely unusable now as no data is getting displayed in the application.

Please let me know if there is a way to solve this issue.

Comments
Lipi Das commented Oct 09 '13, 6:26 a.m.

In Diagnostics it shows this

ERRORS:
   CRJZS5821E The RDF index at C:\Program Files\IBM\JazzTeamServer\server\conf\jts\indices\94cabf7fccc74b55a0b8ccf291f705a4\jfs-rdfindex\ is corrupted. For more details, open the help system and search for CRJZS5821E.

One answer

permanent link
Indradri Basu (1.8k1514) | answered Oct 09 '13, 7:38 a.m.
You probably should stop the application server first and then run the "repotools-<app> -reindex all" followed by "repotools-<app> -rebuildTextIndices" and restart the application server. Also backup the index locations, configuration folders and the db. This may take a while depending on the data you have...

Comments
Don Yang commented Oct 16 '13, 2:12 a.m.

Also I would suggest to delete the existing indices after backup and then run the repotools.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.