It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RRC 4.0.3 addon installation is faild

Natsumi Yokoyama (209387101) | asked Nov 25 '13, 9:59 p.m.
edited Nov 25 '13, 10:10 p.m.

I tryed RRC Addon into Firefox at customer site. After the installation process was completed, an information message indicating that the browser must be restarted before attempting to edit the artifact. But, when I try to edit graphical artifacts, CRRRW7382E is occured. We can not edit any graphical artifacts.

I uninstalled RRC Addon, and tryed to install it again. But I can not edit any graphical artifacts.  Whether I performed installation as system management account or not,This error occures.

Customer have two types of machines. One is JRE 1.6 and the other is JRE 1.7. ( each machine has only one JRE) This error occured both machines.

I have read following article and have already tryed some recommended tasks.

https://jazz.net/library/article/1088/#Firefox_Installation_

(1) check system requirements -> OK

Firefox 17.0.9 (32bit) is supported.

* There is no other addon in Firefox.

(2) Ensuredthe following settings under the Content tab of Options are enabled -> OK
• Load images automatically
• Enable JavaScript

Thank you in advance.

Natsumi

3 answers

permanent link
Erica Tran (1.4k7) | answered Nov 26 '13, 9:29 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Natsumi,
No, there is no separate Java plug-in required.  I don't have one installed in my Firefox browser, and the graphic editor works.  It does need javascript enabled.  Maybe the java plug-in you installed corrected an issue with using java in the browser. 

permanent link
Natsumi Yokoyama (209387101) | answered Nov 25 '13, 10:37 p.m.

additional information.

I configured same environment,on our test machine. i.e,  Firefos 17.0.9 , JRE1.6 , and no java plugin is installed on these browsers. The error is occured,

But when I installed Java Addon in firefox, there is no error and we can edit graphical artifacts.

• Java plugin is required for browser to use RRC addon ?

permanent link
Natsumi Yokoyama (209387101) | answered Jan 09 '14, 7:16 p.m.
I have resolved this issue.  There are two causes. One is the version of JRE. JRE 1.6.0.3 is not supported by RRC 4.0.3. We have to upgrade JRE. The other is the path, user path of system path, of msvcr71.dll.

Thank you for your answers. :-)

Comments
Natsumi Yokoyama commented Jan 09 '14, 7:19 p.m.

related information

REGRESSION:Launching java using the jvm.dll no longer works without msvcr71.dll in the system path
bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=6509291

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.