It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM Defect vs RTC Defect

Thomas Loeber (62237850) | asked Feb 28 '11, 8:07 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
In a sandbox setup I have RTC 3.0 and RQM 2.0.1.1 iFix2 integrated with cross server communications and projects linked between the two. I would have expected that the "Create Defect" function from RQM would have defaulted to the RTC defect I have defined in the Change Management Type configuration in the RTC process. I have defined in the RTC project. I do see the option to Open a defect in the linked RTC project from RQM but it's not the default. With this type of integration, what purpose does the RQM Defect serve? Can this be disabled to avoid confusion when RQM is linked with RTC?

4 answers

permanent link
Roland Mueller (102299) | answered Mar 06 '11, 6:32 a.m.
Hello

I can confirm - that already caused confusion in our project. As we have the RTC integration in place, we want all defects end up in RTC. In the current situation we have to train all users (not only software engeneers) not to use the RQM internal defect work items.
Can this menue be disabled if the RTC integration is active?

Roland

permanent link
Uma venkata Lekkala (52519) | answered Mar 09 '11, 8:14 p.m.
Hello

I can confirm - that already caused confusion in our project. As we have the RTC integration in place, we want all defects end up in RTC. In the current situation we have to train all users (not only software engeneers) not to use the RQM internal defect work items.

Roland

Not only that guys. you will lose the RQM core functionality behind traceability of requirements and test cases back to Defects. The related Test case, Related Requirements fields are no more, nor can you simply query and link other relevant requirements or test cases using the links tab. yup, these issues are supposedly being resolved in the Collaborative ALM coming as common work bench with common defects (work items for that matter) repository across all Jazz tools

permanent link
Austin Bell (1621) | answered Mar 10 '11, 11:22 a.m.
You can disable the RMQ Defect with in the Process Configuration, also if required any of the other Work Items with RQM as well. You would require the right version of the RTC for your RQM. Hope this helps

Hello

Roland

Not only that guys. you will lose the RQM core functionality behind traceability of requirements and test cases back to Defects. The related Test case, Related Requirements fields are no more, nor can you simply query and link other relevant requirements or test cases using the links tab. yup, these issues are supposedly being resolved in the Collaborative ALM coming as common work bench with common defects (work items for that matter) repository across all Jazz tools

permanent link
Roland Mueller (102299) | answered Apr 14 '11, 4:57 p.m.
Hello
that is great , that you can switch off the RQM defect type in the RTC process configuration - but where???.
Could someone help me on that point. I browsed through the Process configuration tab and searched for that point, but could not find it
We use RTC 3.0

Thanks,Roland

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.