It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Export Artifact from RQM to Excel file.

Naveen Tyagi (19768152) | asked Feb 27 '15, 12:16 a.m.
 I am able to Import data from Excel file to RQM but now i am tasked to do just opposite to it. I am wondering, is there any way to do this?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Reshma Ratnani (1.1k1) | answered Feb 27 '15, 12:22 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Naveen,

You can download artifact as csv from RQM UI. Lets say you want to get csv file of a TestCase, then goto Browse->TestCases and in the Table select the testcases you want to download as csv and click on "Download as spreadsheet (csv)" icon located after the "Download as PDF" icon above the table on left side
Naveen Tyagi selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Naveen Tyagi commented Feb 27 '15, 12:38 a.m.

I know about .CSV file but i want to pull out all the artifact data in Excel/.csv file and that's not happening in case of CSV but PDF. whatever[Artifact with data] being Exported in PDF i want same for  in Excel and it would be great if if possible for multiple test cases at a time. 

Reshma Ratnani commented Feb 27 '15, 2:23 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

It is possible to download csv of multiple TestCases (lets say) from Browse TestCase page. Select the TestCases and click on Download as Spreadsheet icon

Naveen Tyagi commented Feb 27 '15, 2:51 a.m.

Right!! but downloading that .csv file didn't meet to our requirement. i want to pull out all the artifacts with their value into Excel file in same way it was imported to RQM.

One other answer

permanent link
Ara Masrof (3.2k15) | answered Feb 27 '15, 9:41 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 There is no built in way to export directly from QM into Excel (other than what Reshma has pointed out in her prior post). One option would be to use the REST API to return the XML of the artifact you are interested in then convert that to spreadsheet format

Also, the Rational Publishing Engine provides the capability to export RQM data to a variety of format including format compatible with Word and Excel, that may be something you may want to pursue.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.