It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Process Configuration Merge

George Jutras (51108) | asked Feb 10 '11, 4:37 p.m.
Hello!

We have 3 different developers working on the same project modifying the Process Configuration. Each developer is working on a different task and each of these projects was created with the same Process Template. We don't know how to merge their work once they are done. It's been suggested we merge the Process Configuration Source XML file but an IBM Rep I'm working with on another issue told me this would miss about 20% of what's in the Process Template. Has anyone ever done this?

Thanks
George Jutras

One answer

permanent link
Jared Burns (4.5k29) | answered Feb 10 '11, 6:39 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello!

We have 3 different developers working on the same project modifying the Process Configuration. Each developer is working on a different task and each of these projects was created with the same Process Template. We don't know how to merge their work once they are done. It's been suggested we merge the Process Configuration Source XML file but an IBM Rep I'm working with on another issue told me this would miss about 20% of what's in the Process Template. Has anyone ever done this?

Thanks
George Jutras

In addition to merging the Process Configuration Source XML, you would also need to merge the Timelines Source XML, the attachments, and any fields from the Overview tab like the summary.

- Jared

Comments
Heather Linsk commented Apr 13 '17, 1:20 p.m.

Are there any tools/techniques out there to do this?

I am struggling with the same issue.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.