It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Unable to start JTS after reboot on heels of diff issue

Michael Dexter (9221114) | asked Feb 08 '11, 12:10 p.m.
Yesterday I was trying to configure the ClearQuest Synchronizer (11 steps). I got this error on Step 5 of the Jazz Server Configuration.

Jazz License problem on https://localhost:9443/jts. Please check the Jazz server edition or that the license granted to the Jazz synchronizer login account is configured for the ClearQuest Synchronizer.

I checked the users profile and he has JazzAdmins and JazzUsers permissions. The Client Access Licenses Rational Team Concert - ClearQuest Synchronizer says 1 included - 0 available.

This is on RTC 3.0 and CQ 7.1.1

Now a friend has told me that: 1 included - 0 available means, I did not install those licenses. It is a separate check box in the Server install.

Okay, So I went in today to check it (post-reboot) and before I could get that far I am not able to start JTS. I run the Start up script from programs, the dos shell appears and after a 10 seconds it just closes. The last lines say something about Catalina, but the window closes to fast to read it and I don't know where to look for a log file.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike

3 answers

permanent link
Michael Dexter (9221114) | answered Feb 08 '11, 1:47 p.m.
UPDATE

I have started JTS but still get the license issue below.
Will re-post in a new thread..

Yesterday I was trying to configure the ClearQuest Synchronizer (11 steps). I got this error on Step 5 of the Jazz Server Configuration.

Jazz License problem on https://localhost:9443/jts. Please check the Jazz server edition or that the license granted to the Jazz synchronizer login account is configured for the ClearQuest Synchronizer.

I checked the users profile and he has JazzAdmins and JazzUsers permissions. The Client Access Licenses Rational Team Concert - ClearQuest Synchronizer says 1 included - 0 available.

Now a friend has told me that: 1 included - 0 available means, I did not install those licenses. It is a separate check box in the Server install.

Okay, So I went in today to check it (post-reboot) and before I could get that far I am not able to start JTS. I run the Start up script from programs, the dos shell appears and after a 10 seconds it just closes. The last lines say something about Catalina, but the window closes to fast to read it and I don't know where to look for a log file.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike

permanent link
Michael Dexter (9221114) | answered Feb 08 '11, 1:52 p.m.
I am getting an error on Step 5 of the Jazz Server Configuration for the ClearQuest Synchronizer.

I checked the users profile and he has JazzAdmins and JazzUsers permissions. The Client Access Licenses Rational Team Concert - ClearQuest Synchronizer says 1 included - 0 available. I verified the 0 available is because I have assigned it to the user: cqsynchronizer.

I did modify the properties file before starting the CQ Tomcat instance and that seems to be running fine except one error about "no CRUD service registered" I don't know if this is causing the issue.

permanent link
Christian Morgan (317714) | answered Feb 08 '11, 1:54 p.m.
Mike,

Try opening a command prompt, then cd to the server directory and run the server.startup.bat file from there. You should be able to see more output and the command prompt won't close when the service fails.

Also you should take a look at the conf/jts/logs (also might be in server/logs depending on how your log4j.properties file is configured) folder and see if the logs have any info.

-chris

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.