It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Need help in access RTC Source code

Ramya Gopalan (3141) | asked May 21 '10, 7:31 a.m.
Hi All,

I am student working with RTC for the first time to gather some useful information from your database. I have a few basic questions that would help me understand RTC. Can you please help me?

Since I am trying to extend RTC, I wanted to analyze the source code. I have downloaded the SDK2.0.0.2 file as mentioned in
https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RTCSDK20_DevelopmentEnvironmentSetup#For_RTC_2_0. Though I am able to execute the snippets, I am not able to view the source code for the jar file. Since I am working on programatically extracting information from work items, I am especially interested in
com.ibm.team.workitem.* package. When I try attaching the SDK zip file to the jar file, I still keep getting "Source attachment does not contain the file Team.WorkItem class". Can someone please tell me how I can get to view the source code from the jar file?

Looking forward for your response. I appreciate your help.

Thanks!
Ramya.

3 answers

permanent link
Ramya Gopalan (3141) | answered May 22 '10, 2:46 a.m.
Can someone help me? I am looking for an answer ASAP...

Thanks!
Ramya.

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered May 24 '10, 4:45 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

I'd suggest to post to the Jazz.Extends forum and also look into the threads.

In general I'd suggest to follow the SDK description on the Wiki. Install the SDK with source into RTC, configure it as described and use plug-in projects.
Even if using the plain Java Library you should define the project as plug-in project because then the Eclipse Extension mechanisms provide you with view to the source.

I will send a document with a summary from my experience in a separate mail. That can get you over the first hurdles.

Ralph

Can someone help me? I am looking for an answer ASAP...

Thanks!
Ramya.

permanent link
Ramya Gopalan (3141) | answered May 24 '10, 5:16 a.m.
Thank you very much, Ralph. I appreciate your help.

Ramya.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.