It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Discrepancy between edit screens of different stories

Mike Shkolnik (9809161143) | asked Feb 07 '11, 1:57 p.m.
I changed the Editor Presntations for Default, Task, and Story to include a custom field: Revised Due Date. For every work item created after I made that change, Revised Due Date appears. For every work item created before the field was added, Revised Due Date does NOT appear! This shouldn't be possible since the editor presentations should apply to all like work items. Note that this occurs only in the Eclipse interface. Revised Due Date appears for all work items in the Web interface.

Note that I tried making additional changes by removing some custom fields I had previously added (that were appearing fine) but this made no change to the appearance or lack of Revised Due Date (though the removals applied everywhere as expected). I also tried removing Revised Due Date and then adding it again. Same results.

2.0.0.2 i5

3 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Feb 08 '11, 3:15 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Mike,

I think this is because the attribute is simply not avaliable at work items that were created before the attribute was introduced. Please do a "Synchronize Attributes". This is described in more detail here http://jazz.net/blog/index.php/2011/01/12/cool-hidden-features-in-rational-team-concert/ and here http://phkrief.wordpress.com/2010/12/14/update-existing-the-work-item-editor-with-the-new-custom-attributes/. It is also mentioned in the help http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v3r0/topic/com.ibm.team.workitem.doc/topics/t_defining_types.html at the very end.

Thanks,

Ralph

I changed the Editor Presntations for Default, Task, and Story to include a custom field: Revised Due Date. For every work item created after I made that change, Revised Due Date appears. For every work item created before the field was added, Revised Due Date does NOT appear! This shouldn't be possible since the editor presentations should apply to all like work items. Note that this occurs only in the Eclipse interface. Revised Due Date appears for all work items in the Web interface.

Note that I tried making additional changes by removing some custom fields I had previously added (that were appearing fine) but this made no change to the appearance or lack of Revised Due Date (though the removals applied everywhere as expected). I also tried removing Revised Due Date and then adding it again. Same results.

2.0.0.2 i5

permanent link
Mike Shkolnik (9809161143) | answered Feb 14 '11, 4:34 p.m.
That indeed solved the problem. Thanks. Is there any way to have this sync happen automatically? Having to do this manually every time I change the view will be very tedious.

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Feb 15 '11, 1:57 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Mike,

there is no automation I am aware off. Also, you have to do it only if you introduce new attributes. Changing the view is simply changing the way how attributes are presented, it does not introduce new ones, hence no synchronization needed.

Thanks,

Ralph

That indeed solved the problem. Thanks. Is there any way to have this sync happen automatically? Having to do this manually every time I change the view will be very tedious.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.