It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM using RTC for defects

Robert Stephenson (81128) | asked Feb 02 '11, 5:01 p.m.
We have configured RQM v2.0.1.1 iFix1 to use RTC v3 for defects. I know it is stated that this configuration will "break" the RQM reports for defects. I'm trying to use the Insight v1.0.0.2 RQM Live data model to report the defects failing my TER Results (until I can get a DW configured/running) but the only data that is being displayed are some previous defects we entered directly in to RQM prior to the integration.

A couple of questions:
- Are we able to report on the RTC defects using the RQM LIVE model? Is the existence of previous defects in RQM causing my trouble?
- What is the correct object to display the RTC defects? I'm now using "Execution Result Related Defects" object as I don't see another viable candidate object.
- Will I need to access RTC in order to perform any defect reporting against RQM TERs?

Also, will RQM 3.0 support using RTC as a defect repository? I'll be able to report on that combination with Insight 1.0.0.2 and with 1.0.1?

rns

One answer

permanent link
Jeffrey Liu (111131) | answered Feb 09 '11, 11:05 a.m.
Hi,

First of all, the Insight 1.0.0.2 RQM Live model will not give you the RTC v3 defect data that you are looking for. Insight 1002 does not have out of the box support for such RQM-RTC configuration. I believe such support is in Insight 1.0.1.

Yes, "Execution Result Related Requests" is what you should use. But since you are using Insight 1.0.0.2, things wouldn't work in your case.

For RQM 3.0 with RTC, you will need the next release of Insight after Insight 1.0.1.

Thanks, Jeff

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.