It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Connect Insight to multiple RTC versions

Jackie Albert (1.6k14947) | asked Mar 21 '11, 10:28 a.m.
My team connects Insight across 45 different RTC repositories. Because of the large number of systems and repositories in play, our system admin team often does upgrades to new RTC versions across several weekends, and it can take up to a month until they're all on the new version.

Is there a way to support this in Insight? Currently the Loop_RTC* jobs seem to run across all RTC repositories and assume they're using all the same level. Currently we're using RTC 2.0.0.2, and since the ETL is the same the transition to RTC 3.0 should be pretty smooth. However, when we move to RTC 3.0.1 we'll have staged upgrades again, and probably a month long period where we're running different levels. I'd like to make sure we're able to still report during that timeframe. Thanks!

One answer

permanent link
Xiang Dong Hu (762) | answered Mar 22 '11, 1:26 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello,

For RTC 2.0.0.2 and 3.0, the ETL is same, so it should be fine as you said.
Insight currently does not support RTC 3.0.1, ETL for RTC 3.0.1 will be provided by RTC in CLM 3.0.1, which will be totally different with the ETL we have for RTC 2.0.0.2/3.0 today, so when you have RTC servers upgrade to 3.0.1, you need to remove connection to that those RTC repository databases in your ETL catalog so that the RTC 2.x ETL won't run across them, but on the other hand, you have to schedule the separate RTC 3.0.1 ETL job for your RTC 3.0.1 servers.

My team connects Insight across 45 different RTC repositories. Because of the large number of systems and repositories in play, our system admin team often does upgrades to new RTC versions across several weekends, and it can take up to a month until they're all on the new version.

Is there a way to support this in Insight? Currently the Loop_RTC* jobs seem to run across all RTC repositories and assume they're using all the same level. Currently we're using RTC 2.0.0.2, and since the ETL is the same the transition to RTC 3.0 should be pretty smooth. However, when we move to RTC 3.0.1 we'll have staged upgrades again, and probably a month long period where we're running different levels. I'd like to make sure we're able to still report during that timeframe. Thanks!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.