It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

failed RQMALL job

tsungtao wu (61) | asked May 12 '10, 4:03 p.m.
I m running it on 2003 server 32 bit with DB2.
I m receiving this Error when i try to run the RQMALL job

jobstream -- start run on vmdevrqm02 (07-May-2010 15:24:28)

DM-DBM-0724 The CM Data Source 'RIDW (ETL)'; is unable to find the signon 'RIDW (ETL)' in the content store.

DM-LIB-0300 Error initializing variable 'ETL_DATEID' to:
GetETLDateID( $ETL_STARTTIME ).

DM-BLD-0004 JobStream 'RQMAll' is not a valid specification.

jobstream -- failed (07-May-2010 15:24:35)

I have signons in the connection, any ideas?

6 answers

permanent link
Lawrence Mandel (51121) | answered May 14 '10, 9:54 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR
Do you have Rational Insight or Rational Common Reporting (RCR - comes with RQM) installed?

This error typically means that a signon with the name RIDW (ETL) cannot be found for the data source connection RIDW (ETL). You can check your data source connection by selecting
Launch->IBM Cognos Administration -> Configuration -> Data Source Connections
Select RIDW (ETL) -> More... _> View signons
The name of the signon should be RIDW (ETL). You can set the specific user name and password properties by clicking on More... After you set the signon test the connection to ensure that it's working.

Lawrence

permanent link
Ana Lopez-Mancisidor (25648967) | answered Jun 15 '10, 2:09 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I have exactly the same error you have described and I have created the sig-ons and tested them and connections are ok.

Were you able to solve the problem? Any ideas?

Thanks,

Ana

permanent link
Michal Jedrasek (11) | answered Jun 18 '10, 9:47 a.m.
Hi!

I have this problem too, with signon
so i remove them and add again, but now i have second problem with this job:

Data Manager v8.4.29.13 -- Copyright (C) 2008 Cognos ULC, an IBM Company. All rights reserved.
COGNOS INTERNAL USE ONLY
jobstream -- start run on KFLONT (18-Jun-2010 15:33:45)
JobStream 'RQMAll'; starting
JobStream Node 2 'RQM_ODS2.0'; executing (pid 4572)
pid 4572 JobStream Node 2 'RQM_ODS2.0'; reported the following:

(for details, see Job_RQM_ODS2_0_0001_000011dc129213416574050000.log)

JobStream Node 2 'RQM_ODS2.0'; failed
Done - 0 00:02:39 elapsed
JobStream 'RQMAll' Failed
jobstream -- failed (18-Jun-2010 15:36:24)

permanent link
Lawrence Mandel (51121) | answered Jun 18 '10, 10:34 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR
Hi Michal,

Can you post the contents of Job_RQM_ODS2_0_0001_000011dc129213416574050000.log?

RQM/RCR is different than Insight. If you have RQM/RCR installed and are having issues with that product you're better off posting to the RQM forum:

http://jazz.net/forums/viewforum.php?f=7

Lawrence

permanent link
Marc Nehme (276157) | answered Aug 03 '10, 5:20 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I am having a similar issue. I have RCR with SQL Server 2005 installed. I can test the connection successfully with RIDW (ETL) so theoretically I should run the 'RQMALL' data movement task and I should be able to load the RIDW.

However, when I run 'RQMALL', I get an error that says: "DME Process Failed". I check the log and it just says: "jobstream -- failed". So there is nothing useful there.

Anyone have any clues on what else I could check? I've been stumped on this for a while. I know this is the Insight forum, but cant find anything similar to this in the RQM forum.

permanent link
Lawrence Mandel (51121) | answered Aug 09 '10, 10:30 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR
The signon problem is likely either due to a signon with the wrong name (it needs to be 'RIDW (ETL)') or that the user does not have the appropriate permissions to write to the data warehouse. Remember, the ETL user is inserting, updating, and deleting data from the warehouse.

If your problem is with the ODBC/JDBC driver (a quick failure not due to the signon issue) you can enable more logs for the ODBC/JDBC driver.

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/rentrpt/v1r0m0/topic/com.ibm.rational.raer.troubleshooting.doc/topics/ts_enablinglogodbc.html

Note that you will need to restart your application server before the new log preferences will be enabled.

Lawrence

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.