It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Insight installation

Kaushambi Singh (371310379) | asked Sep 21 '10, 8:17 a.m.
I have installed Insight 1.0 successfully in Windows 2003 but the problem is I cannot see the default screen of Insight in Public folder view (which comes with Dashboard,Demo projects, Reports by Category, Sample Report Definitions). Instead I am getting a blank screen with " No entries" message. The content manager is up and running.Can anyone help me to fix this issue. I wish I could have pasted the screen-shot but not possible. Please reply soon.

One answer

permanent link
Lawrence Mandel (51121) | answered Sep 28 '10, 7:56 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR
By blank screen do you mean that you are insight the Insight application (Insight banner at the top, menu items, etc.) or that you have a fully white page?

If the issue is that there is no content shown it sounds like you may have had a problem creating the content store database. If the database is not created when Insight (Cognos) is started the report server will create a new empty content store. In this case you will typically not see the Insight branding, will not have any folders listed on the home page, and will not see any data source definitions listed in the administration section. If this is the problem I suggest you stop the report server, drop the content store database, and create the content store database again.

Lawrence

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.