It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

IBM COgnos Administration Problem

preetam kulkarni (139298) | asked Jan 24 '11, 9:02 a.m.
Hi All,
I have installed Insight 1.0.1 on Windows Server 2003 machine which is a stand alone server. I have configured LDAP for the same by creating a new namespace. Earlier when i used to login i used to see IBM Cognos Administration option in Launch. Now I am not able to see it . Either if I check when i login as anonymous user or through LDAP Authentication.
Can you please help ...
Why am I not able to see the option IBM Cognos Administration.
Please let me know if any more details needed.
Thanks in Advance

3 answers

permanent link
Lawrence Mandel (51121) | answered Jan 26 '11, 9:48 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR
Hi Preetam,

In order to see the Cognos administration option your user must have administrative permission. Check the permissions assigned to your user. Note that you may need to disable LDAP and revert to Cognos authentication if you've locked yourself out.

permanent link
preetam kulkarni (139298) | answered Jan 26 '11, 11:41 p.m.
Hi Lawrence ,
Thanks for your reply. I have configured only one namespace i.e LDAP Intranet login. other than that Cognos is a default one. atleast to assign the permissions i should go to Cognos Administration, That option itself is not displaying in the Launch Menu. Also anonymous login is set to true in Cognos Namespace.

permanent link
Lawrence Mandel (51121) | answered Jan 27 '11, 10:30 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR
Hi Preetam,

This documentation link should have the information you need.

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/rentrpt/v1r0m1/topic/com.ibm.swg.im.cognos.ug_cra.8.4.1.doc/ug_cra_i_SecurityModel.html#SecurityModel

The following text should shed some light on your issue:

"To administer users, groups, and roles, you must have execute permissions for the Users, Groups, and Roles secured feature, and traverse permissions for the Administration secured function ."

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/rentrpt/v1r0m1/topic/com.ibm.swg.im.cognos.ug_cra.8.4.1.doc/ug_cra_i_AddorRemoveMembersofaCognosGrouporRole.html#AddorRemoveMembersofaCognosGrouporRole

Have you tried configuring your namespace and leaving the Cognos namespace enabled. Then, log in as a Cognos administrator and assign the required role to your user. Note that the anonymous user may not have the appropriate permissions to administer the system in your configuration.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.