It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

DB2 RIDW creation error ( test: argument expected )

Omprakash Thammishety (1461178) | asked Apr 09 '10, 8:56 a.m.
Hi All,

I have installed Data warehouse , XML DataConfiguration, Report Server and Data Manager in my Linux box.

I have a DB2 in AIX box and copied the data warehouse ( /opt/ibm/RationalInsight/datawarehouse/dw ) folder to my AIX box and changed the owner and permission to db2inst1 and 775 mode.

I am getting error when I run ./install.sh file as follow
$ ./install.sh
./install.sh: test: argument expected

Can any one suggest me what exactly wrong with my db2?

Thanks,
Om.

5 answers

permanent link
Petroula Pantazopoulos (36612) | answered Apr 09 '10, 4:29 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
What version of Insight have you installed and what version of AIX are you running?

permanent link
Omprakash Thammishety (1461178) | answered Apr 12 '10, 1:36 a.m.
I installed Insight 1.0.0.2 and AIX 6.1 ( I have installed DB2 9.5 in AIX box).

Insight Dataware and reporting server installed in Linux machine and copied the DW folder to AIX box and then trying to run the script.

thanks for help in advance.

permanent link
Petroula Pantazopoulos (36612) | answered Apr 12 '10, 9:11 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Is it possible you ftp the files to your server in bin instead of ascii mode? When you vi install.sh do you see ^M characters?

permanent link
Dang En Ren (31) | answered Apr 12 '10, 8:53 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Is it possible you ftp the files to your server in bin instead of ascii mode? When you vi install.sh do you see ^M characters?

It's something related to the unexpected LANG value before running install.sh.
Under some circumstance on AIX ksh terminal, LANG variable equals to "C" (while on RHEL5, the value is en_US.UTF-8), thus:
`echo $LANG | sed 's/\(*\).*/\1/'` will produce nothing and cause command format error.

We may enhance the logic a little bit, e.g. reassign the value to en_US.UTF-8 for such case.

permanent link
Omprakash Thammishety (1461178) | answered Apr 13 '10, 10:33 a.m.
Hi. Yes. you are correct. Its looking for the language which is set to C and I have set the language and ran it success.

Thanks for help every one

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.