It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can a link to Work Item be part of info exported ?

Steve Woodbridge (1352225) | asked Jan 22 '11, 6:49 p.m.
I'd like to include link information as part of the data I export to a CSV file - which would then be imported to another RTC project. Is there a way of obtaining such information ? Or a means of producing that piece of information in the CSV file after it has been created ?

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Jan 24 '11, 3:22 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Steve,

I believe this is supported with 3.0.

I think you need to use the export in the Eclipse Client rather than in the Web UI.

In general in the Web UI the work items of a query get exported with the columns specified in the result layout. Exporting a Link results in the export of the Work item number and summary. I do not see a way how to use this information for importing.

In the Eclipse UI using File>Export>Team>Work Items it is possible to specify the exported columns and that can include links too. The link is exported as work item ID for instance #45. This can be used in an import in the eclipse client to recreate the work items and links in a different project area. For the links, new work items would be created in the new project area and the link will be reconstructed. The link does not provide the information to link to the old work item in the old project area.

Here is some information about how it is supposed to work: https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=86238

When I played with exporting a bit one thing I noticed is that Excel itself seems to have an issue with showing multiple links. Using a text editor showed several child work item numbers where exported however.

I'd suggest playing with it on a test system. You could always create a work item if your requirements are not met.

Ralph

I'd like to include link information as part of the data I export to a CSV file - which would then be imported to another RTC project. Is there a way of obtaining such information ? Or a means of producing that piece of information in the CSV file after it has been created ?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.