It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

I need advice on creating a report to compare snapshots?

Steve Chapman (133) | asked Jan 05 '12, 12:56 a.m.
I have RTC 3.0.1.1.

I need to create a report that will show the contents of an SCM snapshot in a similar manner to the snapshot compare feature in the RTC web ui. I would like to show all changesets that are contained in the each component in the snapshot that are not in an earlier snapshot. This will be used to report the changes being delivered in a particular build/release that is to be deployed in production.

I have installed the BIRT plugin into the RTC Eclipse Client and can create a Jazz datasource and have browsed the available snapshots and associated tables. I thought the LIVE_SNAPSHOT would be appropriate but cant find any tables with data related to changesets (or at least I dont understand the schema to be able to create an appropriate query).

Can someone offer some direction?

Thanks
Steve

One answer

permanent link
Kim Soederhamn (1.5k24247) | answered Jan 06 '12, 8:22 p.m.
I have RTC 3.0.1.1.

I need to create a report that will show the contents of an SCM snapshot in a similar manner to the snapshot compare feature in the RTC web ui. I would like to show all changesets that are contained in the each component in the snapshot that are not in an earlier snapshot. This will be used to report the changes being delivered in a particular build/release that is to be deployed in production.

I have installed the BIRT plugin into the RTC Eclipse Client and can create a Jazz datasource and have browsed the available snapshots and associated tables. I thought the LIVE_SNAPSHOT would be appropriate but cant find any tables with data related to changesets (or at least I dont understand the schema to be able to create an appropriate query).

Can someone offer some direction?

Look at the CHANGE table of the SCM_SNAPSHOT - I think you can find what you need there.

Thanks
Steve

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.